• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

97 ext cab, fw d44 & 9inch, foa 14" coilovers, on 38s....finally done, somewhat.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
my powerstroke is vacuum.

my ranger is hydro boost....gm setup from the donor of course. big tires stop better with hydro brakes ime. but hydro brakes can be cantankerous:icon_surprised:

most of the big boats and wagons in the 70's had boost as option or standard with lincolns etc....later non supercharged stangs have it...not because it is inferior.

took the engine, trans, rear, and braking setups from a 7x granada lincoln thing and installed it in a customer swap that netted positive cash before. the brakes were bad ass compared to my shitty ranger stuff at the time...

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
All diesels come with a vacuum pump, my 92 F350 7.3L was vacuum boost...Lincoln mark 7's are hydroboost with the 5.0L HO...Fact is, vacuum boosters provide up to 2000 psi of brake pressure, while the hydroboost setup have in excess of 3500 psi brake pressure...hydroboost units offer more braking with less pedal effort...
SVT

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is a really nice truck! keep it up man!

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is a really nice truck! keep it up man!
thank you!!! looking into getting a 79 d60 and a 10.25 here pretty soon, gonna 3 link the front and double triangulate the rear soo keep reading, more to come hopefully pretty sooon!!!!:yahoo:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you're going to make the effort to do the 3 link, why not make it a full 4 link?

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you're going to make the effort to do the 3 link, why not make it a full 4 link?
too tight under the front of a ranger to do a triangulated 4 link. 3 link with a trackbar under the front will be easy, double tri 4 link in the rear wont be bad either. the rear wont be done for a little while. gonna get the axles first, build them, get wheels/tires, 3 link the front run the leafs in the rear for a little, then 4 link the rear.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok cool, just so you know, I saw a video on YouTube that showed a problem with the 3 link setup, which caused the axle to slide sideways if you had any axle wrap, if you were flexed to one side, but the other side didn't do it... Although I think the guy who made the video didn't make it right, his single upper link was directly above one of the lower links, causing it to be a-symmetrical... But I can't for the life of me Find the video now...

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok cool, just so you know, I saw a video on YouTube that showed a problem with the 3 link setup, which caused the axle to slide sideways if you had any axle wrap, if you were flexed to one side, but the other side didn't do it... Although I think the guy who made the video didn't make it right, his single upper link was directly above one of the lower links, causing it to be a-symmetrical... But I can't for the life of me Find the video now...
i know exactly what video your talking about.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
nice rig...

just read----i mean looked at all the pics in the thread. nice rig. i like it.
subscribed for more updates!

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, somehow i have to imagine that the guy built the 3 link wrong... you wouldn't have it a-symetrical like that, would you?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
All diesels come with a vacuum pump, my 92 F350 7.3L was vacuum boost...Lincoln mark 7's are hydroboost with the 5.0L HO...Fact is, vacuum boosters provide up to 2000 psi of brake pressure, while the hydroboost setup have in excess of 3500 psi brake pressure...hydroboost units offer more braking with less pedal effort...
SVT
?? never seen a mark 7 with the hydro boost setup, they run the same brake setup as the turbo coupes and the super coupes, its all electronic, electric pressure pump and all, no hydroboost to speak of

crazywhiteboy

May 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, somehow i have to imagine that the guy built the 3 link wrong... you wouldn't have it a-symetrical like that, would you?
yea i couldnt find the video either. actually i think his lowers were parallel, and upper was directly above one of the lowers. so his were symmetrical, which is what i think was wrong about his design. to be honest, i dont know much about link suspensions, but i was planning on using my existing extended radius arm mounts for my lowers, which would triangulate them a little bit. still not sure about the upper though. just need to do more research i guess. :icon_confused:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
?? never seen a mark 7 with the hydro boost setup, they run the same brake setup as the turbo coupes and the super coupes, its all electronic, electric pressure pump and all, no hydroboost to speak of
They came both ways, I was in the junkyard one day searching for a good 5.0L donor, and seen the hydroboost setup on it...
SVT

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals