• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 ranger FI 4 banger 2wd Diff question.

the pirate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Has any one installed a diff back plate that has filler and drain plugs intalled or has any one retro fitted their plate to have these features?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
the fill plug in the pumpkin isn't too hard to deal with, actually the easiest way to fill the thing is to remove the fill plug and the RABS sensor on the top then pour in the oil through that hole and stop adding when it comes out the fill hole...

for draining, if you really want to make it drain easy, take the cover off and drill a hole from the inside of the diff into one of the bottom bolt holes for the cover, use RTV or thread sealant on the bolt after you are done draining and use that to plug the hole

the pirate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Interesting idea.....

J281v8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 266K
Transmission
Manual
I just installed a PML diff cover on my 7.5 yesterday. It only has a drain plug. Getting to the check/fill plug is easy for me so I decided to get this cover. It came with all new mounting hardware and a magnetic drain plug. It was $165.00. Anything I saw that was cheaper was a chrome cover that was like the stock one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals