• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'95 ranger 2wd (quick build.)

mobileaudio219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I recently bought my little '95 ranger for $400 bucks. It's a 2.3, 5 speed, 2wd, long bed. The truck previously belong to my uncle, he no longer drove it so that's how I ended up with it.

The truck runs and drives good, but is absolutely helpless when traction is limited. Since this is my work truck, I need it to get around a little better. This will be a real simple "build." And really I didn't know what section to put it on, but since the purpose is to improve it's off-road capabilities (even just slighty), I decided to put it here.

The plan isn't really to add ground clearance, just mainly traction in light mud and snow.

Here's my list of mods to help improve traction:

8.8 with limited slip, 3:73's or 4:10's, Disc brakes (explorer)

Probably some teardrop explorer wheels (still unsure) with some where around a 235/75/15 all train tire (I still do a ton of hwy driving.)

And exterior looks:

Add a lot of hidden lights. Would like to add some clear/white lights that light up the area around the door (when it's opened.) I'd also like to upgrade the headlights, and add some fog lights (either hidden in the grill or in a 4wd fog light valance.) Also want to improve the reverse lights (probably mount some fog lights facing rearward hidden on up on the frame.) I also plan to add a 12v outlet hidden some where in the bed.

Tinted windows

05 smoked tail lights

Might line-x the bottom belt line - unsure.

Interior upgrades:

LED light upgrades (dashlights, heat controls, dome lights)

sn95 black/gray gt buckets.

Explorer full length console.

Performance Upgrades:

NONE.

mobileaudio219

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I realized my wife packed away the camera with the SD card in it, so it'll be this evening before I can post pictures...

Also, I deal with scrap cars none stop, so this will be a LOW buck "build."

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals