• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94' Caddy Ranger Build

CraKel

February 2010 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so went to a big drag race last weekend with some of the club members and had the local stripe'r do my tailgate. Looks pretty good, not perfect but good enough that I think ill let him follow the work down the body line and finish up with a similar decal on the hood after the touch up bodywork/paint that happens after the 5.0 goes in. b/c a few dents n knocks are bound to happen lol. here's a few pics of how it looks.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you ever think about shavein the hole tailgate?

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
I have thought about it. Door handles are goin along with 3rd brake light next time its in the paint shop, but I enjoy the use of my tailgate when needed.

And ya if its a fmx who cares near enough the same shit. different gearset but basically the same thing.

Last edited:

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Badass build, make sure to post pics on that 302 swap, I'm swappin a 289 in mine. Good luck!

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
Badass build, make sure to post pics on that 302 swap, I'm swappin a 289 in mine. Good luck!
Will do! engine is finally in the shop gettin a complete re-build and new lower end. Many pictures to follow but prolly wont get the engine layed in until late fall early winter..

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
What did you use

what did you use for rust proofing on the body work? I ask b/c I am about to do my cab corners and up here in the north everything rots so fast!

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
what did you use for rust proofing on the body work? I ask b/c I am about to do my cab corners and up here in the north everything rots so fast!
On the bodywork? I get Crown rustproofing done almost every year, and I've never really had a problem after I started that. If you wanna save your frame get POR-15 or if you dont wanna break the bank RustCheck makes a nice black rust paint for about 10$ CAD. The only place that really had alot of rust on the body was my rear wheel wells. For some reason Ford though it'd be a good idea to put a piece of foam inbetween an already welded seam in around the wells. which gets wet and corrodes your body somethin fierce. So just make sure you get it all before you start of be ready to do it again in a year or so..

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
[/QUOTE]For some reason Ford though it'd be a good idea to put a piece of foam inbetween an already welded seam in around the wells. which gets wet and corrodes your body somethin fierce.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know all about the foam crap. Me n my sis are gonna be welding on new cab corners and wheel arches on my 89 B2 tomorrow, During the mock-up I found so much of that crap! What I was asking about on the rust proofing was what you did to prep before you spayed it (the body work).

I know you guys in Canada have access to ALL the good stuff (Tremclad, etc..)
that we don't get here :-(

Also wanted to give you a huge thumbs up on the pinstriping! :icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby: My sis was looking at this thread w/ me and started getting teary eyed thinkin about her old 95 ranger (RIP)

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry, havent been on in here in a while due to work but ya.. prep work was easy.. get your hands on a grinder and a few different wheels so you can get into all the crevises? Other than that just make sure its free of dirt and slap on your rust proofing, thicker the better.. I suggest getting it oilproofed (krown) or other after though just in case. you dont want all your hard work to be worn off any faster than it should. And thx, ya im a huge fan of the pinstriping.. I wish i had a steady hand for it but thats my sis' dept too. shes the artist im the brain lol.

On another note.. the engine n tranny are finally in the shop gettin a re-build. 302 needed a whole new lower end and got a old ford guy who builds cobra kit cars borin it 30 over, full master rebuild kit and all the needed parts to make it live once more for my ride. being an fmx, its gettin a shift kit and a big lokar shifter but thats bout it.. hey its stronger than the c4 and is from the same t-bird as the engine so figure best thing to do is keep um together! More updates and pictures soon..

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
[/QUOTE]I know you guys in Canada have access to ALL the good stuff (Tremclad, etc..)
that we don't get here :-( [/QUOTE]

NO TREMCLAD!!! what is the world coming to lol.. ya the paint is primer etc all in one so you dont need anything else.. seeing as though its a month later ill assume you got it done by now, so hope it turned out just as good as you had hoped!

gman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 5 spd
Transmission
Manual
the pinstripes are sick man!

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
UPDATE!!

Finally brought the eng n trans back home.. Swap is taking place this winter as soon as shes in bud's shop for storage and work etc.. Just a few more odds n ends to buy.

Here's a few pics of the new shtuff..

Leuver Kit

And finally, for fun my new tatty I just got finished, my twist on the Kelly family crest..

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck and a nice tattoo as well. Looking forwrd to seeing that motor swap.

CraKel

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.OH
Transmission
Automatic
update: Engine installed, wiring done, clearance issues solved, and it starts! Crazy loud without any exhaust lol.. Gettin a y-pipe custom built to mach up to the exhaust and a driveshaft mod and we should be rolling on road soon enough. Went with the oem shift linkage on the column due to the american shifter 3 spd floor shifter being a complete waste of time and money.. might look into hooking it up on day but right now just thinking about getting a kickdown linkage set up and leave it at that. Anyways here's a few pics on the drivetrain swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals