• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 turbo ranger AC system

Countrykev26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Manual
I have a 93 ranger with 85 t-bird 2.3l turbo that ac system is missing. Due to O2 sensor being in heater box I am in process of flip kit putting turbo forward. What is the best way to add ac back with other accessories. My alternator is mounted where smog is and ac bracket is top driver side. Does anyone got a good diagram with belt sizes for this to work.

andras898

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
This can be a challenging task, especially if you have already modified the location of some components such as the turbo and O2 sensor. Also, given that your generator is already installed in a different location and the AC bracket is in a non-standard location, a standard solution may not be suitable.
you need to plan the placement of the AC system components so they don't interfere with other engine and turbo parts. you will likely have to make or modify brackets to accommodate the AC compressor, especially if the stock brackets won't fit due to changes in engine configuration. you may need to experiment with different sizes to find your belts. measure by measuring the distance between the pulleys and look at the catalogs of belt manufacturers or see here you may find the right size.

Last edited:

Countrykev26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Manual
I can move accessories if needed. Im in process of pulling engine to put new gaskets in it cause it has an oil pan leak and paint block.

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
This will be interesting. Please post pics of your progress.

Countrykev26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger xlt
Transmission
Manual
By the diagram I found it looks like it will work the way I have it with flip kit.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals