• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

92 ranger no spark

nrthbnd06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok guys and gals 92 ford ranger 2.3 4 cyl 5 speed 2wd no fire i have check power and ground at the ignition control module and coils checks out fine

also tested the crank position sensor checks out fine

replaced fuel and ignition relays

for the hell of it i put a new timing belt in as it was about due for one

replaced the ignition control module
replaced coils
replaced plugs
new battery
new plug wires
new crank position sensor

still nothing so put in a brand new computer and nothin

so thinking one of my new parts was defective i went to the junk yard and pulled relays modules, coils, crank sensors and computers out of two running driving trucks they had there and started putting the used parts in one at a time

well needless to say after replacing all these parts a second and third time WITH KNOWN GOOD PARTS still no fire. I am stumped and really need some help here

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
You have a loose wire, or a broken connector somewhere.

Of all the things you have listed, you didn't check the continuity of wires going from one thing to another.

My guess is that a wire going from your ICM to computer, or any sensor to the computer isn't connected.

Check ALL wires for continuity. THEN check the proper colored wires for the PROPER amount of power. Some are power, some are signal. Make sure nothing gets shorted as you check one thing and the next.

(I'm not going to doubt your ability to check wires, but I have had problems of my own with all this, and wouldn't have thought about any of it until my dad asked me to check it all out. Turns out the smallest things can, and are, the BIGGEST PITAS!)

Jsumrall

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
my 87 was doing the same thing. i belive i have figured out the problem check the ignition switch. If the ignition switch is bad or going bad it will not send power creating a spark. try and push start your truck. see if it starts up mine does everytime. the ignition switch isnt but like 15 dollars.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals