• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 Bronco 2 SASd getting 98 Ranger Cab

bronco2guy

Banned - Selling busted parts
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Ranger#1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

pickuptrucker

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 baby!
Transmission
Manual
cant wait to see that body on there! whats the total wheel base now 104?

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
unsure what final wheelbase will be? just have it pushed back 4 now. thats about right, i'm not going to mount anything solid until cab is on there to see how far back i want to put it. Not much update this week as I just puicked up i think opretty good deal on 89 bronco 2 5spd, 4wd on floor, decent body, with clutch slipping for $250, its gonna be my temporary offroader while this build is going on, hopefully tommorow night we get clutch put in, then later this weekend weld the rear, and I will run it stock 4 the most part.

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well its been a little while here is update, Blue explorer and maroon sport trac have been completely stripped hauled off remaining scrap, bronco frame painted black, rear springs removed being used on my 84 ranger which is getting full witdh axles and more lift, that ranger was sitting oput side couple days and some one stole both my boggers off the rear, luckily didnt take front also and, high lift jack in rear and spare dunlop mud tire in the bed,
sport trac motor is sitting in my bronco frame, waiting on flywheel to come in, get return style fuel rail, actually 98 complete engine blown up, for cheap, unsure from what ive read if my 99 computer will work since has return less style fuel system, might be able to wire around it? just like i did with the auto tranny. Will try and get pics soon, maybe start a thread on my 84 ranger build, also in meantime i bought 89 bronco 2, 5spd 4wd on floor, put clutch in it, 2 in body lift, little mud tires, welded rear, and its serving the offroad duties for now.

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ill be keeping an eye on this project. I plan on doing rear coils at some point, maybe next year. Id like to make my own stuff but will be interested in the final cost of the rear coil portion of the build. What one on the JD site are you buying. There are 3 different ones.

dangeranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L FF
Transmission
Automatic
Wow, you are the fabbing master! Can't wait to see this! i wish i had the resources/time to do this with my 99! haha that thing is gonna be siiick

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm diggin the gen 1, wish i lived in the states, i'd buy that in a heartbeat...i want a gen 1 or gen 2 now after seeing so many of them...my gen 3 never looked so shitty (buried in snow, rotting away on my lawn)

Anyways, i'm going to be keeping an eye on this build, looks like it's gonna be SICK when you're done it!

keep up the good work and keep us posted!

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im going to buy the James duff, rear kit that uses there coils, kinda like the front coils, the only other kit on the rear 4link, is there stuff minus, coils, shocks and coil bucket towers, it is so if you want to use coil overs or something else. Cost wise I looked at building my own, but the fab time, cost of materials, doesnt save a whole lot of money and could turn out crappy, I have been very satisfied with parts we have gotten from Duff and feel the are a good company to work with, so Im gonna just buy the kit. Hopefully be ordering one in next month or 2, i will have cab on before i get the get then i can see how much i want to stretch my wheelbase since i love the shorter wheelbase.

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is that axle truss only good for the 9" or do you think it could work on a 8.8?

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well, it is for a 9in, but, i would think with not alot of modification it would work, when i do order mine, before its welded on, I could go find an 8.8 in are field and see if its even close, and take some pics for you. this might be another 2-4months or so, ive been going slow with this since i have other projects also, have to buy stuff slowly

another note for progress is, i picked up a new flywheel for the sohc, to use with my 5spd, also, key note is the clutch from 91 4.0 5spd setup i had, appears to bolt right onto this flywheel , which is goodthing for me cause its newer clutch and didnt want to shell out $$ for another allready, i was real excited about that.

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
O i just remembered , the big problem would be your rear diff cover, needs to be able to removed and there kit goes down the back side where that is at, but? that extra support if welded good, and add some other supports, may be ok?

bronco2guy

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals