• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 4x4 ranger door problem

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've been having this problem with both doors on my Ranger ever since I bought him.
The doors don't hang or nothing, they are nice and tight, but the doors rattle and almost seem not to stay closed propperly. Thry rattle and bang when hitting bumps. Does anyone else have this problem? I think its the door latch meconisim that is not holding the latch tight, causing the doors to rattle.
Any suggestions?
Thanks TRS
Preston

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Are the little plastic bushing sleeves that go around the door striker pins broken or missing?

If so, replacements can be had in the "Help" section of many autoparts stores.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yep I think thats the problem. Its just bare metal

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
i had the same problem with my 97 ranger. i had to replace the striker. i think u can buy a new striker at oreily auto parts for only a few bucks

olranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i had the same problem but my hinge pin bushings were wore out. so i replaced the bushings and pins with a set of aftermarket ebay pins. I paid like 7 bucks for them. i bought some door striker plastic dohickys like they are talking about. i have put them on yet but now all the sudden the door shuts fine and stays shut and the body lines all line up. (Short story), the door rattled so i put new hinge pins,bushings in. then i could not get the door lines to line up. the door was in at the top and out at the bottom. i fought the door for weeks and one weekend i traded trucks with a guy i worked with. well that monday when i got it back the door was flush with cab and the lines all lined up. i thought cool he adjusted it, he said no he just slammed it really hard a couple of times so i dont know,:icon_confused:, but i am still going to put the plastic rings on the striker after reading this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals