• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 BII

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You don't need to remove the seats if you don't want to. Lots of little screws for the panels in the back. That's why I just waited until I was redoing my interior. Made life simple to do it all at once. Did sound deading, carpet and painted all the panels.

Sent from my Alcatel9007T using Tapatalk
Ok, my interior is in near perfect condition so there's no need to redo all of it. Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Ok. Good luck with it and take your time. Let me know if you need more information.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Had some bad luck the last few days. Battery gauge was reading low so I went to have the battery checked. Had a bad cell so I bought a new one. Still had low voltage. Went back to NAPA and had the guy hook up his doohickey to check the alternator. Turns out my belt is MIA. I've been hearing a squeaking belt the last few days so I wasn't too surprised. Dropped it off at the mechanic to have it fixed. Gonna go ahead and replace all the belts since they will be off anyways.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So, it's come to my attention that my throttle cable has some slack in it. I've seen people put zip ties on the throttle cable, where it meets the pedal. I was gonna do that but I don't have any zip ties. Does anyone know where the throttle cable adjuster is on my BII?... That is, if I have one.

There doesn't seem to be one. Guess the only fix is a new cable or zip ties. Gonna get some ties and do it later today. After getting the new battery and new belts I've noticed a difference in performance. Used to, I couldn't make it up hills at highway speeds but driving just now it seemed to make it up them without a loss in speed and even sometimes I would gain speed because I'm so used to flooring it on hills.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got some zip ties on my way home. I'm a bigger guy so crawling underneath the dash wasn't the easiest of things ?. Got 2 ties in there and the gas pedal now has a lot more down travel. There was still a little slack left in the cable, wasn't enough to get a zip tie in there. Haven't had a chance to take her on a drive yet. The Louisiana heat mixed with no a/c makes for a hot ride home so I'm gonna cool off for a bit. I'll update later when I take her for a drive.

Forgot to ask, is the cable next to my throttle cable (believe it's called a transmission valve (TV) cable) supposed to look like that. Just doesn't look right to me but I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just went out and tested her... All I can say is wow... I could always feel more power trying to escape from that little 2.9, but wow did that make a difference. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making 0-60 in 10 seconds lol, but she does a lot better than before. Took a video, it's not the best quality, nor is it on a straight, she did 0-60 in about 18 seconds. Took a video. Keep in mind that my tires keep the speedo off a little bit, that means 55 is right about 60, give or take a half a mph.

Couldn't get the video to load directly to TRS, so here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B0DyO1jgNCQzJ0MVNqcjVfU0E/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The other cable is the transmission kickdown. I'm not entirely sure how it should look but that one is adjustable.also where are you at in LA? I'm in Bossier.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The other cable is the transmission kickdown. I'm not entirely sure how it should look but that one is adjustable.also where are you at in LA? I'm in Bossier.

Where would I look to adjust it? I would assume somewhere on the tranny. Moved from Baton Rouge to St. Francisville about a month ago.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Actually on the firewall under the hood.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Oh wow, I was only off by a few feet ? I'll take a look at it tomorrow, thanks.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Actually on the firewall under the hood.

Is this the kickdown cable adjuster? If not, where in the hell is it? Lol
It's right next to where the throttle cable comes in through the firewall.

Nevermind, that was it. Was harder to push down than I thought. Now when I push the pedal to the metal (actually carpet lol), it pushes on the kickdown like it's supposed to. I added a zip tie to the throttle cable, there was plenty of room for it.

Last edited:

mplummer08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That's the one. You should be able to push down on the D shaped button and pull on the cable. After that press the gas petal to the floor an it will self adjust.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's the one. You should be able to push down on the D shaped button and pull on the cable. After that press the gas petal to the floor an it will self adjust.

Refer to my last post, I edited it. Thanks a lot.

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just drove her again... Man I gotta tell ya, this stuff is making a world of difference. She's a lot peppier now that I took the slack out of the throttle cable. The kickdown is amazing. Before, I didn't even know what it was but when I really floored it (felt like the pedal was gonna snap), I would get into the kickdown for a few seconds. Now if I just floor it past full throttle it feels like a spaceship. Happy I found out about all of this stuff, before I really didn't like the fact that she was so slow. Now I just gotta fix the a/c and she'll be golden. Does anybody know what it costs to do an r134 conversion? Heard of kits where you can use all of your old a/c stuff, just change out the seals and flush the system. Also heard that doing it that way, you don't get as cold of a blow. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

McWillies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yesterday was a productive day. Got the wrecked 87 pulled outta the weeds and rolled it (maybe a little too far lol) off the trailer, into my grandpa's shop. Now we have it situated where it needs to be. She's just waiting on me to get to work on her. The known damage for now (all on passenger side): bent shock, bent radius arm, and bent frame. The steering linkage broke off from the knuckle. Bent rocker and missing front fender. Will try to get some pictures in the next few days.

I don't know if the engine still runs, haven't tried to start it yet. Was running when wrecked. Current plans are Dana 35/8.8 swap with a lift. Plans are still foggy so it's subject to change.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals