• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 rear leaf help

modxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
got a 87 2wd does anyone out there no if later model rear leafs fit a 88 if so up to what years.here in england im having trouble getting hold of a set of leafs we have later models over here just wondered if 04 or earlyer would fit believe ive read some wre that they will but cant find the post /cheers steve (great forum been a great help)

Andres629

Article Contributor
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 screamer
Transmission
Automatic
IIRC up to 97 for sure. Maybe newer models as well, but I do not know for sure, so I can't say for sure.

modxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks thats a great help might make it easier to find a set

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I swapped in some out of a 1998 into my 1988. There built a bit heavier. 2wd or 4wd does not make a difference, the only added lift comes through the lift blocks inbetween the leaf and the axle.

Deanbro

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Easy option for you would be a pair of Explorer springs, with the explorer being sold in england for a period of time you ought to find a pair of used springs for about 20 quid a peice around the breakers or on ebay.

The explorer spring is 4 leaf over 2 and their a bit heavier, they'll make your truck sit a bit higher by about an inch. and stiffen it up abit on the rear end as well increase your carrying capacity abit.

modxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
cheers dean best have a look round im up your way end ov month going to have a route aroud at db,s may find half desent set there need to track down a wiring loom for lighting circuit somebodys made a real mess ov mine

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals