• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 control module

Nordren

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have the good ol' push button for 4x4, but i cant remember entirely if its powered by the ECU or the button itself (gets power from the ecu but it operates itself) believe it does. think i found the someone talking about it on here a while ago but i cant seem to find the thread again. im trying to do an engine swap (2.9 to 4.0) due to availability was checking my options. THANKS! :)

ElectraRider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 ,2000
Make / Model
Ford ,Ford
Engine Size
2.9 ,4.0
Transmission
Manual
there is a 4x4 control module self-test, this is out of my truck shop manual for 1989
compact trucks
the electronic control module has a diagnostic capability of its own circuitry. the self-test
is as follows:
1. remove the five-wire connector and the eight-wire connector from the electronic
control module.
2.turn the ignition switch to the "run" position.
3. activate the self-test switch and note the result: a flashing indicator lamp
(approximately one flash per second) indicates that the control module is functioning
properly. a steady light indicates that the control module is inoperative and must be
replaced.
there is a white lever that is pulled lightly and a red led on the side of the module.
hope this helps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals