• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85' 2.3 emissions ports?

Dustinicus

Reaction score
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The stock cast manifold broke in half while i was replace the exhaust system;
I found a steel tube header on a 93',
I made a plate from sheet metal to block the smog pump holes that run underneath each of the exhaust ports to the atmosphere;

it seemed to work, but now i get the feeling that it may still be leaking under one of the ports. there is a clicking noise at 1/2 or more throttle but only at high speeds. It sounds like something is going to rattle apart inside the engine

I would like to figure this out so I can play with things like porting, bigger injectors, and a little more power

Can anyone give any advice for a better blocking plate idea?
Or suggestions for this issue?
Truck runs great otherwise

thanks
Dustin

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Hmmm...I thought those holes only came with the 2.0 head...but, then again, I don't know everything...

I remember seeing them for the first time when I upgraded to the stock header from a 93...and if I recall correctly, the gasket actually covered them...but that could be poor memory on my part...I do remember thinking of stuffing them with liquid metal...since they were open and I wanted to close them...liquid metal would work though...just push some into each hole from the top inside the exhaust port and pack it down...heat up the engine and it will harden...if you don't want to pull the manifold off you can push it into the holes from the bottom...heat hardens it either way...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals