• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

7.5 run around

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
...like when you buy a set of brake pads and theres this packet of lube taped to the box, they charge a extra $2.00 for, i tear it off & say, " nope, ive got a containor of anti-sieze".
Actually, they're supposed to ask if you want the brake lube and explain the benefits of using it, not just tape it to the box or ring it out without explaining things.

But I will say this.... do NOT use anti-seize to lube your brakes, the stuff dries out waaayyyy tooo fast and then it becomes a gummy wad of aluminum powder that can cause your brakes to stick. You are better off using a brake lube (either the little packets or a jar/spray can) or to use a good quality grease.

And I agree with the dielectric grease for electrical stuff too that they push, but I don't buy the little packets for a buck something each, I pick up a whole tube for like $5 that's usually found with the RTV and stuff. They don't really like that either (I buy the brake lube in jars too, lol), but that's just TS as far as I'm concerned.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
...like when you buy a set of brake pads and theres this packet of lube taped to the box, they charge a extra $2.00 for, i tear it off & say, " nope, ive got a containor of anti-sieze".
yep, they have a packet of shit for pretty much ANY job you can think of doing on a car. i hated pushing that crap when i worked there. most of the time i just didnt do it. i didnt care, i wasnt there to make a career, i was there to make some money while i found a better job.

the only one you really needed was the battery terminal stuff, i'd ask people if they wanted that. it's the only thing there that may actually do something.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Order a cool one online for $20.

RustedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I live down a gravel lane and do a lot of driving on back roads and I stopped putting anything on the brakes when putting them back together. It seems grease or lube tends to attract grit,if I do use any grease it is just enough to coat the metal and keep it from rusting. I did use anti-seize last time I did my front brakes on the Ranger....it dried out and got all gummy so I took em apart and cleaned it off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals