• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

4.0 turbo question

rocket5979

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That's good to hear. I read a post from someone on RangerPowersports.com who had TERRIBLE results with the Universal kit on his 3.0L. It sticks in my mind he paid upwards of $4,000 for it and was very displeased with the kit, as well as the support. Perhaps he bought it second-hand.

With the base STS kit, does that include bigger injectors and the works? Or just the basic turbo+essentials kit (no fuel mods)?

It would depend on who was his dealer. It still seems strange for a person to have had "terrible" results from it if the fella installed it correctly. I am pretty willing to bet that whomever was their dealer had taken to the time to confer with STS to ensure the turbo of proper spec was sent. I have no idea of the situation but there is allot of questions left on the table when you have people building their own systems. Some know what they are doing and others do not.

The STS Universal kits come with the basic items needed to make your own turbo system. Being that fuel mods are model specific and also project specific STS does not include injectors or fuel pumps with any of the Universal systems. The other items included in the Universal kits depends on which stage you get. I usually suggest that people just go with the Uni stage 1 because it still has all the main items such as the Garrett turbo, Tial wastegate, Oil pump, flanges, bolt kit, brass kit, and Installation guide. The Stage 2 and 3 come with all that same stuff but a few more bells and whistles.

POSrangerlover

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
this was pulled directly off the STS website:

How much boost can I run with this turbocharger?
The basic kits run 5-6 psi boost. The turbocharger on our basic kits is capable of producing higher boost of 15+ psi. However, in most cases a larger turbocharger would be more efficient at higher boost levels. There is more to running higher boost than just turning the boost up. You must also be able to meet the fuel demands of higher boost as well as set up the engine to handle the extra power so that you don't cause mechanical failures with the engine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals