• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

32x14r15lt BFG mud terrains

RangerNielsen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.SLOW V6
Transmission
Manual
So, I found me a pair of 32x14r15 bfg MUDs on Craigslist. Would I be able to put them on the rear of my 88? I have 32x10.50 on the rear now, stock up front (bead blew so previous previous owner put stock size up front). I would put the 14w on the rear and the 10.50 on the front. The 10.50s clear on the front, I've already checked that. The 32s I have now go up to the fender wells, with about 2" empty to spare.
Main question, will the 14s fit on the rear width wise? And could i use my current rims or should pick up the 15x10" rims he has as well for it? Ill post pictures tomorrow. Also, I have a welded diff, would it put too much strain on my tcase trans and clutch? Or, if I get the 14w should I get another 8.8 unlocked for it?
Any and all input is appreciated. Also, feel free to call me a dumb ass if needed.

bigmark303

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.5
Transmission
Automatic
Those are some mighty wide tires for such a little truck. I personally would not run them with a factory 8.8 that you just welded the differential. Gears will be a must if you still have factory gears. Those tires are quite a bit more weight to rotate. If the welding was done properly the diff should hold up but if its questionable I would get an open carrier and swap that and gears for 4:88 or better just to ease the driveline stress of turning those tires with a lower powered engine.

You will need at least a by 9" wheel to get near the full contact patch of that tire. The stock wheels will just make the tire balloon so bad you will just ride on the centers.

Wet traction on the road is also going to suck and youll have to be real carefull not to hydroplane the rear end. Its already light and the mud terrains are not a good tire on hardpack wet surfaces.

Its your call and I cant even say if they will fit width wise and not rub the leaf springs without a super negitive offset wheel.

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
Where did these tires come from. The only BFG 32" mud tires for 15" wheels I know of is 32x11.5-15. 10.5" wide BFGs come in 31" and 33" diameter. 14.5" wide BFG tires start at 38" diameter for 17" dia. wheels.

RangerNielsen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.SLOW V6
Transmission
Manual
I bought the truck with the welded diff. and the set of 4 rims that i like, that are on my 32x10.50r15 are about 9" wide, maybe a little less. And they stopped making the 10.50" wide for almost all makes/models of tire (TSL, BFG, Cooper ect). they guy thinks theyre 14, and theyre swamper trac carnigies, bot BFG m/ts. Heres a link to the ad. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/pts/3777083704.html He says they hold air, and i can get the rims too if i want them. again, ill try and get pictures of the rear set up i have on my ranger, cause i feel those would be sick on there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals