• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

315/35 20's on a lowered 95 ranger.

RoccoRocks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
dodge
Fo
Transmission
Manual
can it be done... yes

20 for scale

Now before I catch all manner of fire and brimstone, the yellow rig in the background is my daily and I have a 17 stage 3 roush in the other garage, this truck that is being modified cost 500.00 and is getting a 302/t5 comb in the next week... because me and a friend got bored.

It truly is a spectacle to behold :icon_rofl: The tires are so wide that they actually, noticeably, slowed the truck down lol.

At the moment what you are looking at is a 1995 sc, 4 cylinder ranger with a flipped rearend setting on a set of AM staggered 20" wheels. 10" in the back, 9 in the front. Front tires rub at full lock (shocker lol). 275/40r20 (265 35 r20 with limiters would clear just fine) the rear are 315/35 20's and clear with an inch to spare with a standard mustang offset but could use a 1" spacer or a explorer diff to make it look "correct".

I'm actually shocked at how well this truck supports them. Full pics to come later for those who are interested once the front is dropped as well.

So if anyone was wondering if they will fit... they do, but for the love of god, don't if you have a 4 banger :icon_rofl:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
No no no, you did that all wrong. You are supposed to use a banana for scale.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Nice. I will be paying attention, for more pics, of course

RoccoRocks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
dodge
Fo
Transmission
Manual
No no no, you did that all wrong. You are supposed to use a banana for scale.
I was out of bananas!

The 'lowering job' has been completed. Yes, the rear diff was flipped, but we used a set of tractor supply trailer axel mounts for 14.99 lol. The alignment hole was a perfect fit to the leaf bolt as well. The front, you guessed it, a sawsall was used to lop 2 loops out of the front spring.

We are going to have to respring everything after the v8 swap, so for now, this is just for laughs and to see how the truck will look lowered down on some fat meats!

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
I was out of bananas!

The 'lowering job' has been completed. Yes, the rear diff was flipped, but we used a set of tractor supply trailer axel mounts for 14.99 lol. The alignment hole was a perfect fit to the leaf bolt as well. The front, you guessed it, a sawsall was used to lop 2 loops out of the front spring.

We are going to have to respring everything after the v8 swap, so for now, this is just for laughs and to see how the truck will look lowered down on some fat meats!
IIRC that style of front end lowering is gonna eat the inside of your tires of in no time. I think that only works on S-10's

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
IIRC that style of front end lowering is gonna eat the inside of your tires of in no time. I think that only works on S-10's
It should be fine with an alignment.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That doesn't make much sense.... coils don't really have much to do with the alignment of the tires unless it was affecting the camber of the tires. he could always get an alignment after the coil chop. that would solve any premature tire wear.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Then I guess I recall Incorrectly. As I remember, heating or cutting the springs caused a headache with Rangers. Maybe it was the 1st gens, IDK,I drove an '83 Ranger, but I do remember the S-10 guys could do it with little to zero effect on alignment, and the few of us who drove rangers, rode stock height.

RoccoRocks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
dodge
Fo
Transmission
Manual
Then I guess I recall Incorrectly. As I remember, heating or cutting the springs caused a headache with Rangers. Maybe it was the 1st gens, IDK,I drove an '83 Ranger, but I do remember the S-10 guys could do it with little to zero effect on alignment, and the few of us who drove rangers, rode stock height.
I would imagine that it does effect the alignment/camber, it is (in fact) a I beam front suspension, so i would thing it would go negative the more it loads. That being said, The tires on these rims are in fact 20.00 facebook specials, so the worry we have is low at best. The current plan is to get the truck looking good at low height to see where it is going to fall in terms of drop and later order drop beams... if we don't attempt a IFS swap of sorts from either a narrowed up crown vic front clip or a later model ranger with ifs. (basically just hack the frame off a 03-04 body ranger at the driver's seat and look at making it fit up. Remember, all of this is just for the hell of it because we have never done it before and want to see what all will go into it.

Not to mention I have plans to build a 01 edge ranger down the road with a modular 4.6 as a daily mile burner before too long, so the experience would make for some much needed knowledge banking.

chances are this truck will see very little actual road use, to put it in perspective, we are shooting for 10.9 in the quarter on slicks, 500 hp to the tires through a stung out 302 with about 10-14 pounds of chinisium turbo and a t5. Funnny thing is, we have nearly all the parts... healthy 302 roller bottom end, big ass turbo from china with no miles on it, 3"tubing for days, demon blow through 670 cfm carb, freshly built t5 with clutch, pedal assm., heads, springs, ect... we just need a good cam, some arp bolts here and there and boom... a v8 ranger that will blow up 20 mins into break in.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I would imagine that it does effect the alignment/camber, it is (in fact) a I beam front suspension, so i would thing it would go negative the more it loads. That being said, The tires on these rims are in fact 20.00 facebook specials, so the worry we have is low at best. The current plan is to get the truck looking good at low height to see where it is going to fall in terms of drop and later order drop beams... if we don't attempt a IFS swap of sorts from either a narrowed up crown vic front clip or a later model ranger with ifs. (basically just hack the frame off a 03-04 body ranger at the driver's seat and look at making it fit up. Remember, all of this is just for the hell of it because we have never done it before and want to see what all will go into it.

Not to mention I have plans to build a 01 edge ranger down the road with a modular 4.6 as a daily mile burner before too long, so the experience would make for some much needed knowledge banking.

chances are this truck will see very little actual road use, to put it in perspective, we are shooting for 10.9 in the quarter on slicks, 500 hp to the tires through a stung out 302 with about 10-14 pounds of chinisium turbo and a t5. Funnny thing is, we have nearly all the parts... healthy 302 roller bottom end, big ass turbo from china with no miles on it, 3"tubing for days, demon blow through 670 cfm carb, freshly built t5 with clutch, pedal assm., heads, springs, ect... we just need a good cam, some arp bolts here and there and boom... a v8 ranger that will blow up 20 mins into break in.
Damn,,,, I wish I had all that just for the hell of it lol. Sounds like you will have everything you need to hit 10's on the strip. if not you can always blame the Chinese parts if you don't hit 10's lol.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Will be looking for a build thread on that 4.6 Ranger. I am pondering it. My 3.0 has a bent valve and has been sitting while I search for a Donor. v8 expo/mounty are few and far between, & crown vics or Lincoln Town Cars are everywhere. I also have a DOHC 4.6 in a FWD Continental I'm thinking about using.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals