• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 no spark problem...

Liberto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Check ground from PCM. The PCM switches to ground is about all I can add.
i checked the ground thats in the pin harness that goes to the PCM yes

Runnin'OnEmpty

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
...... i put the motor at TDC and installed the cam sensor at 30 degrees and with the tooth in the center of the opening.......
Did you turn the engine to TDC on the compression stroke...?

Liberto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes it's in the window on the compression stroke... No spark still

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
there's one power wireS and three signal wires... Well the three signal wires are 12 volt hot when key is on but while starting they don't pulse...
Ok this I'm confused about. Pwr wire to ground should be 10v+. When you say you get "12v hot when key on" from signal wires how are you measuring this, from signal wire to ground or from Pwr wire to signal wire? What kind of meter, digital or analog? Did you use a test light from Pwr wire to signal wire then crank engine and observe test light?

Liberto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I used a multimeter the first time. I placed the black lead to a good ground and the red lead on the red wire on the coil pack harness... Showed 12v... whIle cranking the 3 signal wires are steady 12v as well (black lead on a ground, red wire prodding the individual signal wires)

Rearanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
A digital multimeter does not react fast enough to turn on/off as the circuit is open/close. Use a 12v test light and run it from the Pwr wire to each of the signal wires as you crank with key on and see if it flashes continuously. For the coil pack to produce spark it needs to have the 12v turned on/off so that secondary will produce spark voltage. Try that and get back.

Liberto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
no one can figure this out, me and 10 other certified mechanics have been on this like a fly on sh*t so... i guess my last hope is the dealership... wish me luck

Liberto

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Crank positioning sender...... Even the tech himself said "I can't believe it... I even checked the cps and it was within range... A little on the low side but still in spec" so... The truck is running but still not 100% it's still running rough

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals