• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 Fuel pressure Injectors

trxusrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What is the factory fuel injector pressure? and what could i gain from maybe replacing my current injectors with more gallons per hour? Input would be greatly appreciated!

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
First things second, injectors are rated in pounds if I recall correctly, and first, what Rearanger said - is this going to be supercharged or something?

trxusrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well here is the deal.... The truck idles rough... I know i need to replace the distributor because of a code its throwing. I've been having another issue lately with it loading up. it starts to idle around 2000 rpm's, then give it some throttle and it sorta settles back down. but when you give it throttle it sends a nice puff of black out of each pipe! i figured i have an injector with some leakage.... thought i would put a new set in when i do the distributor, but wasnt sure what stock ones were raited at, and what gain could i produce from bigger injectors? but your right, i will need to get more air into the combustion chamber. That makes total sense. what could i do to a 3.0 to get some more gain, it has a K&N drop in filter, magnaflow dual exhaust, and a Granatelli Motor Sports Mass Air. I'd like to free up or gain some HP's, but mostly MPG's!

James86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,
Ford,
Engine Size
3.0 Flex Fuel, 2.5L, 3.3 Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
WHY DO I KEEP BUYING DODGES?!?!?
If your truck is idling rough, you can try cleaning the MAF and the IAC. If I remember right, you're year had the IAC motor on the upper intake, whereas a later model would have it on the throttle body. My idle smoothed significantly when I cleaned my IAC and throttle body out, and it doesn't cost too much to clean your MAF and IAC - I did it in an afternoon for under $15 in gaskets and cleaners. Simple cheap steps are better than throwing money at a problem that might not exist.

In all honesty, there isn't a ton you can do cheaply. Some ideas might be to use the 98+ upper intake for better breathing if you find one in a boneyard, but depending on your gearing, you might want to change them out. Seems a lot of 3.0 owners have 3.73s, whereas my truck has 4.10's - whether it's because it's an auto or was orderred that way I don't know. I'm perfectly happy with my 3.0 and find it a fun engine at highway speeds (HP peaks around 4700-4800 and torque around 3600-3700), and not much of a dog in town either. Solve your issues and you might not feel the need to change anything. I bought my Ranger at 78K and changed everything (plugs, wires, all fluids in tranny/transfer/both axles) and did a 2.5" cat back and it felt like a brand new truck to me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals