• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0 core plug Block heater

trxusrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am looking for a block heater for my 3.0! I go to school in upstate NY, and when its -6 my truck hates to be started up! valves are clattering and its just not good. I stopped by my local ford dealer and they said the block heater kit was discontinued. but he was able to tell me my freeze plugs are 1.5" in diameter. with that being said would this kit work http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+Products/555/51120/10002/-1
And i would love any information. I had read somewhere that there is webbing behind some of the plugs. which ones? i need to know which plug to remove! and input would be great!

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
looks just like the ZERO-START one that i sell at work. if i recall correctly the factory block heaters were installed on the passenger side of the block, and then the wiring was just run to the frame rail and fed through the grille. my buddy has a canadian built 1999 with the 3.0 and his has the OE block heater so ill check when i see him next.

schmoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83 2.8 ranger
Make / Model
84 2.3 4x4 rang
Transmission
Manual
if you get the right one, it will say in the instructions which
hole and what orientation. don't get the wrong one,
there are more differences than just size. like which way
the coil goes.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
if you get the right one, it will say in the instructions which
hole and what orientation. don't get the wrong one,
there are more differences than just size. like which way
the coil goes.
exactly:icon_thumby:

trxusrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok, I actually ordered one from NAPA today. The parts manager at the dealership i work at used to be a manager at NAPA. When i ran it by him, he asked for the year, and then came back and said i have one ordered for your truck for just under $25.00. He said it will be here tomorrow. So then i will see! And i didn't know the coil direction made a difference. Thanks guys...if you guys find out let me know which plug on the right side needs replaced.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals