• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2019-2024 Ranger seats in a 3rd gen 1998-2010?

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone attempted this? Can it be done or are the seats too wide, too tall?

Obviously you have to get a creative as far as how you’re going to mount them to the floor pan. But I would REALLY like to know if this is possible?

I can get ahold of a pair for relatively cheap… almost cheap enough for me to just buy them and see what’s what. But before I do that, I would really appreciate it if someone can chime in and tell me that they know it CANNOT be done because of XY and Z… saving me the couple hundred bucks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated😀👍

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Not that I'm aware of. You are probably going to be the one making a new path on this one.

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
First one through the door?😁 I’m really tempted to take a crack at it. I can snag a seat for a couple hundred buckets… and I’ve definitely spent more money on dumber things. I guess I’ll have to pick one up and see what’s what.

Purely going off of pictures, I’m not too worried about the width. It’s the height which really concerns me. Not the overall height of the seat, but the distance from the bottom seat cushion to the floor.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
I am going to put my son's st1 seats from his focus st into my 05 ranger. Thwy are way more comfortable then the boards in the truck right now

Last edited:

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Good luck… I guess I just thought it would be cool to stick with the whole Ranger theme.😀👍

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
i think it would be cool if you can get them to fit. there are no new rangers being parted around here for a good price and unless they changed recently, the seats are the same as the escape and edge. might be the same as the focus too, i cannot remember.

we test drove a new ranger while we owned an escape. from the seat belts forward, it looked identical to our escape

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
looking at them yesterday, if the ranger seats are the same as the focus, the bolts holding them to the rails are set up differently. the focus bolts go from the top down and thread into the rails and the ranger bolts go from the bottom up and thread into the seat frame.

Aintskeered440

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So I picked up the 2019 Ranger seats today… and I’m not sure if it is possible. There are several issues… the first one being that the seats are wider than the stock seats. It’s looking like the width on the seat back is around 22 inches. Where on the stock seats they are just a hair over 20. So at the very least, having these seats in with the stock console is impossible.

Then you’ve got the other can of worms to deal with on the bottom with the seat tracks. They don’t unbolt in any way, so there’s going to be a bunch of cutting and welding. Plus the distance from one rail to the other is about 16 inches… which is again much wider than stock.

But in a surprising turn of events I can say that for some reason the seat belts actually work!!! The 1998-2003 seat belts click right in to the 2019 seat belt receivers. So I guess that’s one thing you don’t have to modify. The only question is can I actually get the seats to fit inside the cab😀👍

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals