• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2010 Ford Taurus Spy Shots

hades

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I saw this article on the internet and thought of sharing this to all of you...
According to the source, the spies have seen a "well camo'd" taurus being tested on the streets lately... The model is now with a new grille and modern-looking headlights.

For more details, click here.

Also visit, Autopartswarehouse.com

wcurtin1962

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Swell another car that’s looks like a bloated Toyota.:badidea:

red2003xlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The new Taurus needs to sell or Ford's in really deep dodo.

crazy96863

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The new Taurus needs to sell or Ford's in really deep dodo.
I fear they may already be in deep dodo. Funny how the cars they are making today are among the best they have ever manufactured. They are arguably better than most or at least many other makes on many different levels but they can't sell them. Maybe if they went back to crap, people would buy again.

FO44RD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 2001
Make / Model
FORD, PONTIAC,
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I fear they may already be in deep dodo. Funny how the cars they are making today are among the best they have ever manufactured. They are arguably better than most or at least many other makes on many different levels but they can't sell them. Maybe if they went back to crap, people would buy again.
Reputations sell cars and well FORDS reputation is their trucks and mustangs are great, but the cars suck. It will take time to mend. FORD just needs to keep making quality cars. As a guy that likes a little flair to my rides FORD plays it too safe/vanilla on all 3 lines FORD/Lincoln/Mercury.

Mercury should be the bold, sporty, and stylishly daring division. It has literally nothing to lose at this point.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like the looks of Ford's new generation of cars (Focus, Fusion, and 500/Taurus) aside from the overuse of chrome in both the grilles and tail lights. If they lost that they would really have something stylewise.

Mels2ndRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Mazda
Ch
Transmission
Automatic
But in retrospect-how many years was Honda bland/vanilla?

I mean Honda is one of the "top" car companies and they are just adding "flare" to the line-up in the last 5 or so years? The thing is peoples perception as stated above (people seem to forget when Honda and the like came over here-there cars were pure crap/unreliable) ...maybe if they started building crap again people would buy? Everyone I know that has a Ranger or Taurus has 200k to 300k miles on them-on par with Honda and Toyota? Hopefully people will see the change-although I have never had any major problem with any of my Ford products (including the Mazda models made by Ford).

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Ugly.

But it would be cool to see the SHO make a comeback.

later,
Dustin

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe if they went back to crap, people would buy again.
IMO, The first time, people were just misinformed.

I don't know if you've ever owned a Taurus before, but mine and many others were plauged with major transmission problems. Mix that in with the 3.8L, and that just adds another level of POS money pit to it. It wasn't worth it to fix, when the same problem would just reoccur. The Taurus reputation just sucks.

I never owned a SHO, but I usually don't buy vehicles with interference engines and timing belts. I am trying to make things easy on myself. :)

Pete

AustinJ427

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think it looks sick. And with an eco boost? sweet. But i think the new fiesta is going to help pull ford back up. 40+ mpg diesel for under 15K new. I read they feel like a good car too, not just something cheap that was thrown together

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Honestly Fords best vehicles were produced a long time ago. Not so sure about there cars but the best trucks were made between 73 and 96.

later,
Dustin

Time2SHO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
too bad they couldnt return the yamaha motor, and put a 6 speed manual trans behind it(for the SHO model, i mean).....thats something id like to buy if i had the cash...

Accord4tehloss!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
Small 2.2
Transmission
Manual
too bad they couldnt return the yamaha motor, and put a 6 speed manual trans behind it(for the SHO model, i mean).....thats something id like to buy if i had the cash...
That would be sweet I owned a 94 manual 5 speed SHO loved it.

Would also be nice if they made an SVT/SHO fusion upper 200 lower 300 hp v6
5-6 speed manual and maybe AWD would be sweet

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I liked the old body style...original one...even though I don't like four door cars, I almost bought one in 88...it was a tossup between the mustang, tempo, and taurus SHO...but the SHO lost out due to the four doors and the mustang got destroyed by my insurance company...

The Tempo won...and I drove it for 14 years before it finally had to be put down...like an old dog...it was my best friend...(almost)...lol!

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I like Ford trucks, but have never been a fan of Ford cars. Last week I had a 2008 Ford Taurus for a week. It had a lot of features plus leather interior and an electric sun roof.

This was a really nice car. My wife and I loved it so much we want to buy one.

I was surprised at the power of the car. It accellerates very well for a 4-door sedan.

I liked the interior. It's not all one color like vehicles traditionally are.

The one we had featured a tan interior with leather. The dash and door panels used a darker (Brown?) color and the floor had black carpet with black mats. I liked the black carpet. It looked good and won't show the dirt.

I don't like that they dropped the 500 name and went back to the Taurus name. Maybe they felt the 500 name made the car sound to rich.

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't average over 27.9 MPG highway while I had it. My Grand Prix use to get 30 and it was several years older.

All in all though, it will be a leading contender when we replace the wifes car and the first Ford car I've ever actually wanted to buy (besides the Mustang...)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals