• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 Ranger STX "Street" Project

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Took a few pics at Slamfest today, hopefully Ill get a couple professional shots from the event coverage. This is the best I could do! haha!

low~n~blue

February 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
looks like they switched the photo to a newer one in the TOTM section. Congrats! looks like you will be getting a badass TOTM sticker and Your truck spot lighted on the home page! Dont forget to PM Jim Oaks if you win with your address so he can send it to you!

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
looks like they switched the photo to a newer one in the TOTM section. Congrats! looks like you will be getting a badass TOTM sticker and Your truck spot lighted on the home page! Dont forget to PM Jim Oaks if you win with your address so he can send it to you!
Thanks for the nomination! Im still going with it isnt real until I see my truck up in the top TOTM section! Just waiting for them to update it..haha!

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Ya takes a few days but take a screen shot when they do!! I did and had it printed! gotta say it looks good in a frame with the TOTM decal!!! Good job! your truck deserved it! need more trucks like yours to keep the street section alive!

Plus TOTM is a kool thing to have because it is awesome if/when you go to sell plus your truck will be in the calender with mine!

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ya takes a few days but take a screen shot when they do!! I did and had it printed! gotta say it looks good in a frame with the TOTM decal!!! Good job! your truck deserved it! need more trucks like yours to keep the street section alive!

Plus TOTM is a kool thing to have because it is awesome if/when you go to sell plus your truck will be in the calender with mine!
Yeah, I figured it took a few days for them to actually post it. Im having a hard time finding someone else to nominate, seems like everyone has already won it this year! I would have nominated Multiranger myself, but someone beat me to it, his truck truly deserves it!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I love your truck. I agree on the front bumper.. The truck looks much better without the STX Bumper. The truck looks awesome. You did a really good job on it. I have to assume since the last year for the Bronco II was 90 (I think) Then the rear sway you used should work like a champ on a 90 Ranger right? Mine handles like a Mustang but there is always room for improvement!! Again Great job on the truck!!

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I love your truck. I agree on the front bumper.. The truck looks much better without the STX Bumper. The truck looks awesome. You did a really good job on it. I have to assume since the last year for the Bronco II was 90 (I think) Then the rear sway you used should work like a champ on a 90 Ranger right? Mine handles like a Mustang but there is always room for improvement!! Again Great job on the truck!!
The BII sway bar will fit perfect on your truck.

I ran a '90 BII 1" rear bar and an '87-'89 Ranger STX 1 & 3/16" front bar on my '90.... Huge improvement.

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man, good luck with TOTM, your truck is very clean! Snoranger says the BII bar fits, I say go get one! The BII sway bar was one of the biggest improvements Ive made in the handling department!

low~n~blue

MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I am with you on Multi ranger. That truck is INSANE! there is another truck but it is still being built :/ . But when it is done I feel bad for anyone running with it cause he will probably dominate lol

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you don't mind my asking what is your method for doing the touch-ups? I've tried using touch up pens in the past but the results weren't near as good.
I have always found if you get a book of matches you can tear one out then use the torn end as a touch up brush.. The key is to remember it's touch up paint not brush it on paint..

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have always found if you get a book of matches you can tear one out then use the torn end as a touch up brush.. The key is to remember it's touch up paint not brush it on paint..
Cool trick! I was able to use the ball tip of the pen side with really good success. I would just barely press the ball tip in and it would release just enough paint to fill the "crater" from the chip. You would really have to look at my truck now to see where I applied the touch up paint.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks man, good luck with TOTM, your truck is very clean! Snoranger says the BII bar fits, I say go get one! The BII sway bar was one of the biggest improvements Ive made in the handling department!
Thank you Sir! Am I missing something on TOTM? I am reading you were nominated but I didn't see you in the TOTM forum.. You have my vote if you are in the running!!

TheTwanksta

09/12 07/13 STOTM
Article Contributor
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thank you Sir! Am I missing something on TOTM? I am reading you were nominated but I didn't see you in the TOTM forum.. You have my vote if you are in the running!!
Thanks! As far as I know I won the SEPTEMBER TOTM, they just havent posted it yet. It looks like the usually post the winner on the first weekend of the month. If you notice Casper is still up there from August and they posted his on the 7th.

Now its your turn! Your truck has been nominated for October TOTM and I am sure you will win, your truck is beautiful and very well done!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thank you Sir!! I'm a little slow.. lol It's from all the Ranger fumes!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Goooooooooooood looking truck.........when do you get your Banner above your avatar :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals