• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 Ranger FX4 Level II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I'm leaving for my camping trip tomorrow, on Monday I decided last minute that I wanted my transfer case to be fixed, I had 2wd but didnt have 4x4. Don't think I'll need it but I took the case out anyways to have it looked at. in case I wanted to do some trails while im camping since I'll be near a few.

So Monday night the front+rear driveshafts, and transfer case came out.

Tuesday: the case went to the shop that rebuilt it last October.
Thursday: they call me and tell me they can't find anything wrong, so I go look at it and talk to them. They decide to grab a different unit off the shelf to let me have, they'll go over it and make sure that ones proper, and to pick it up friday.
Friday: They have it ready, and I pick it up.

Got it all ready, really simple job, 8 bolts for rear shaft, a handfull of torx bolts for the front shaft, and 5 bolts on the transfer case. super simple.

30 minutes later after cleaning up and putting fluid in it was ready to test.

The damn thing worked. I really have no idea what was wrong with my old case they rebuilt. something wasnt lined up properly on the shaft that switches between modes but it all looked fine.

anywho, camping setup is also done. Just gotta toss ice and food in the cooler and take off tomorrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals