• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 Mazda B2300 The Silver Bullet

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" Crank, Shackles, AAL Bilstein 5100s
Tire Size
285/75r16
A Pillar gauges, Oil pressure and voltage, going to paint the ring around the gauge silver to match my clustor more. Some might say it looks kinda odd or ricey but I enjoy the look

Full Length Explorer console and cut my 60/40 bench into 40/40 buckets, need to stitch the fabric tight under the seat and cover them with "Iggee" seat covers. The console isn't complete yet either, missing a few pieces but overall I really like it, the grey is a lighter shade but that can be painted, plus without my armrest from the bench seat pushing up agaisn't the sub I gained back a ton of leg room :)

And my honey driving it the other day

I also picked up a double din pionner radio, touchscreen and all, just not installed.
The plan for my interior at this point is to use sound proofing material over the entire cab, floor, doors, back wall, ceiling etc and to paint everything Laundau Black with SEM paint next summer
And last I'm getting a colour matched cap on Nov.1st, non rise, has windows, locks and brake light even work, the plan for that is. explorer roof rails, and lights inside it and maybe outside

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Couple of updates

Got to go off roading on Friday, really fun but also frustrating, surprising I never got stuck but boy do I appreciate how narrow my truck is, had to squeeze between some trees while not sliding in and our of huge ruts, even had to fold in my mirrors then tow out some trees after I made it through so the big trucks could sorta fit

Only picture I got of the tight section, yes the 4wd Dakota was stuck and yes I made it through fairly easy :D We never could fit the Chevy through(2wd open diff also)

Also picked up a cap this weekend, already love the look it gave the truck besides the squat :( Guess I'm doing an aal lift instead of blocks

Haven't got around to mounting the rails yet but threw them up for a picture

These also showed up, waiting on spindles which should be here today or tomorrow, then figure out if my order at summit for rear shocks went through

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
More parts arrived, like I've previously said, the shackles will be given to my dad for his ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Where'd you get the lift spindles from? looking for a set for my coil sprung truck as well

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Where'd you get the lift spindles from? looking for a set for my coil sprung truck as well
From amazon. They're only for 98+ trucks though, idk if you can get spindles for a 94. Could be wrong

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I haven't updated my profile but I recently picked up a 2000 4.0L 5speed to replace the '94 when the engine blew

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Didn't know you got a newer one, but might was a kit on amazon, 4" Spindles and 2" shackles

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Shocks came in, aal should be here on Wednesday. Might do the back shocks in Wednesday since it's supposed to be an easy job :)

Dat pile doe

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
A pillars are wired up, oil pressure isn't hooked though, voltage is

Pionner double din is installed, not impressed with the person who installed it, i asked for it to be by passed and he didn't, not to mention he didn't even use the double din dash kit i bought for it, it's literally taped to my bezel from behind(surprising won't budge but of course i'll do it properly)

Also finally got my 2 channel amp hooked to my door speakers, asked him to slide the sub over behind the passanger seat and have the amp behind mine but he did the opposite so back to less leg room, guess I'll fix that too..

Besides those few issues I am happy with it. the double din looks badass in my opinion, kinda makes it feel more classy in there, and the amp defiantly makes it all sound more clear

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Guess it's been awhile since my last post but quite a bit has changed. Got the coil spacers out and spindles/aal in as with blistein shocks all the way around. During that time we took the time to paint my frame, axle, coils etc. The thing rides much better now

Also mounted some explorer roof rails on my cap
Pics :)

Towing my buddies Dakota across town

Bought some lights, going to get some 6.5" hella 500's and do 4 across the grill, 6.5" middle ones with these cheaper 6" on the outside and eventually do an led or hid convert deal

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Since my last update I replaced my battery and broke another sway bar link so i took the bar off

Colour matched my front bumper and grill. Took forever to grind off the bed liner but it was worth it, plan on doing my rear bumper in summer and redoing my rockers with better bedliner

Besides the painting I'm really hoping to get some 1.5" hubcentric spacers for the rear and 1-1.5" blocks to pump up the back. You guys also really got me thinking about 32's... Not entirely sure which ones but I'm looking at the new Cooper stt pros but being more of a mud tire I'm a little scared about ice performance, could just go with the ko2s but time will tell

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Since my last update I got 31" Dick Cepek Fun country tires, 4 hella 500 black magic lighgts, replaced my oem leaking muffler with a Dynomax Super Turbo, overall I'm extremely happy with it, idling and causal driving sounds just about stock, once you hit 3k+ the tone gets much deeper with zero droning over my tire noise.
My Grandfather made me a mount for my firestik whip and using my old hitch receiver with a shackle I have a much safer/strong recovery point in the rear, at some point i need to make something for up front though
Just needs some paint

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
Been Awhile

Since last update I'd say quite a bit has changed
-04 Fx4 Level 2 axle swap(4:10 with torsen lsd and bigger drums(all new drums, shoes, etc) and 2.5" Oem blocks
-1.5" hubcentric spidertrax wheel spacers to the rear to match the extra front width I gained from the lift spindles
-Painted entire interior black with sem laundau black(no pics sorry)
-35% tint on my side windows
-Removed duplicolour bedliner and used hurculiner on my rockers/fenders
-Re painted my front bumper and colour matched my rear bumper
-Curt roof basket/Extension
-07 Fx4 leather bucket seats(not installed yet)
-Valance delete(Going to add tow hooks to the frame asap and it was in the way)
Lots of miles and trails :)

Most recent pics in its current state

Some random ones taken since the last post

UltraHDGames

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fx4 Level 2
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
285/75r16
So this weekend I went to the states for my very first time, Me and my gf left Friday morning and just got back today, overall the trip was amazing with basically no troubles at all besides driving straight against a nasty wind basically the whole time
Friday we left and went to the Seven Clans Hotel in Thief River Falls, it was a really sweet hotel with a great water park.

The next day we headed out for Minneapolis, the sights weren't to great at the start but eventually we got into some rolling hills with tons of little ponds on the sides of the freeway

Entering Minneapolis, Some how the Mazda kept up on the freeway but she was working pretty good

Eventually we made it to Mall of America which was really cool to finally see for the first time, I can understand how some people can spend days there but personally I couldn't. That night we stayed at a sketchy Super 8 Hotel(I would have felt safer sleeping in the box in a walmart)
Next day we headed to Grand Forks, finally going with the wind we cruised at 70mph with ease even on the hills, stopped at "The Pizza Ranch" after being told to by many friends and I'm glad we did, who doesn't like buffet pizza and chicken, thought I was going to die after it was so good

Even with the lack of interior space she never once complained, perfect co pilot

Getting close to Grand Forks

Once we got there we checked in at a much nicer Days inn then the previous nights Super 8 then went out to "Speedway" restaurant, What a great bbq it was

All packed up and on the way home this morning

Things I learnt on this trip
-I need to regear, 4:10s just aren't enough for this little 4 cylinder with 31's. Almost any hill or wind against me and I couldn't get the truck into 5th or to actually stay in 5th without slowing coming down in speed and dropping into 4th. I'm thinking 4:56 should help without being overkill and allow me to go up to 32's in the far future
-Cruise control would have made this trip much nicer, what are people using for aftermarket units?
-I have a subtle shake coming from the front left wheel, the wheel has play in it and i can just budge it by pushing really hard on it. I already re placed ball joints and inner/outer bearing so tie rods? Idk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals