• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2005 Ranger Edge 3.0L - Engine Mounts

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
Trying to get a rebuilt engine in a 2005 Ranger Edge 3.0L 2wd (Torsion Bar), with Manual Trans.

Can't Source the Left or Right motor mounts from the dealer.

Left 5L5Z-6038-AA

Right 5L5Z-6038-AB

Can you guys suggest any aftermarket brand, I've had no luck finding anything for this Year/EDGE trim model.

Hate to put a rebuilt Engine on 19 year old motor mounts!

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Autozone claims to have the duralast brand in stock at some stores. They list the left and right mounts to be the same part number. The aftermarket may have modified them to fit both sides so they only keep one on the shelf, not sure about that.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
Nothing on rockauto?

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
None of the Autozone or Advanced Auto parts mounts work for a 2005/EDGE with Torsion Bars.

Something special about the EDGE models, idk what...maybe the front frame is a little different because of the Torsion Bar Suspension?

I can't find anything on the Rockauto site, that website is horrible lol

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Well, I like the rockauto site myself. Very plain and simple. Do you know what a correct mount looks like? I looked on rockauto to see what they had listed, sometimes they have Ford part numbers. They did not have that, but they did have mounts that fit both left and right sides, and then they had mounts listed that only one particular mount would fit the left, and the other different one fit the right. They called them "STX" models.

Front right was part no. A2853 made by DEA/Marmon ride control

Front left was part no. A5328 also made by DEA/Marmon ride control

I punched in A2853 in a google search and Amazon came up. They wanted more info and I said that it was a 2005 STX. They claimed it fit, and then I went down in their description and some years this mount fit both sides, some years it only fit one side, some Mazda's it fit both sides. I do not know if you can tell from the pictures if it would fit or not.

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
Thanks

In the compatibility list the EDGE 3.0L model isn't listed for either of those mounts.

The mounts for the 3.0L EDGE are so odd they would probably only cover, 2002-2006, when this trim package was made. But I'm only guessing here. The common mounts you find covering 83-2011 are for other trim packages, mostly Rangers with front coil springs.

Attachments

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
What is that screenshot you attached saying? Whatever part it is referring to fits all those different models, including the STX models?

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I feel like you're overthinking it. The Edge is just a 2wd truck with the 4x4 suspension, right? The part numbers given in the first post literally say they fit a bunch of different trims. Comparable 2wd mounts say "2wd without edge". You've also got the 4L5Z-6038-BA and XL5Z-6038-BA, which say they fit your truck as well.

I wouldn't get too worried about Ebay compatability charts. I drive a B-Series. If I listened to the Ebay charts, I would never buy anything.

Just buy whatever 4x4 mounts. If they don't fit, then start worrying about mystery bespoke Edge parts.

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
The attachment doesn't show an EDGE in the Trim Column, and a 3.0L in the Engine Column.

What I commonly find with the aftermarket stuff.

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
I feel like you're overthinking it. The Edge is just a 2wd truck with the 4x4 suspension, right? The part numbers given in the first post literally say they fit a bunch of different trims. Comparable 2wd mounts say "2wd without edge". You've also got the 4L5Z-6038-BA and XL5Z-6038-BA, which say they fit your truck as well.

I wouldn't get too worried about Ebay compatability charts. I drive a B-Series. If I listened to the Ebay charts, I would never buy anything.

Just buy whatever 4x4 mounts. If they don't fit, then start worrying about mystery bespoke Edge parts.

The parts folks at Ford didn't give 4x4 mounts as an option, so I need to line up the year and the engine with aftermarket mounts. Or reuse the old mounts I have...disappointing.

You're just SOL if you want OEM Ranger 3.0L motor mounts for a 2005-2008 Ranger.

Attachments

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You're SOL if you want OEM 4x4 mounts as well, so what's the difference?

The parts folks at Ford are relatively more or less helpful depending on who you get on the phone and what you're looking for. They've given me the wrongest parts imaginable and stared at me glassy-eyed when I explained what I actually needed.

Pull up the numbers I posted, and you'll see they also show fitment on '05 3.0L Edge, specifically. I don't know what the difference is (hydraulic vs. non?), but I would be looking at pictures to see if the 4x4 mounts are actually different than mine.

itnotis

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger EDGE
Transmission
Manual
Pull up the numbers I posted, and you'll see they also show fitment on '05 3.0L Edge, specifically. I don't know what the difference is (hydraulic vs. non?), but I would be looking at pictures to see if the 4x4 mounts are actually different than mine.
I know they list a 2005 Edge 3.0L but the online parts places kick back a message (from real people) with my VIN stating it's the wrong part number. The 4x4 mounts are at a slightly different angle where they contact the frame.

Update
I was able to find the Ford 5L5Z-6038-AA (Left mount), just need the Right and I am good to go!

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Good info on the difference, thank you.

Where did you end up finding it, for anyone else in the same boat in the future?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals