• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2 part question..Rear leafs

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Noticed the other day that the driver's side is now starting to pop up on acceleration. It has brand new shocks on there (Skyjacker class I lift) and now the a$$ end is sitting just about 1/2 inch lopsided leaning to the driver's side. Is this a leaf bad or something else?
Talked to a friend of mine up in Schweinfurt, and there is a older econoline van up there...Will the leafs from it fit?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
The leaves will not fit directly, but can be made to fit. The driver's side lean is more than likely do to the offset of the weight of the driver (No, I'm not saying your heavy/fat), over time a little off-balance weight can and will make a spring weaker when the weight is removed or re-balanced...
SVT

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Any way to fix this? Possibility to rebend them?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
Any way to fix this? Possibility to rebend them?
yes you could get them rearched, but if its a stock leaf pack, its prob easier to just replace the pack, or change a few leafs out.

if you have a spare tire in the back, i'd recommend putting it to the passenger side, IF you usually drive alone, this will help offset the weight distribution

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
You just started to notice what is infamously called "The Ranger Lean". From what I have learned, a good amount of weight is on the left side of the vehicle, from the fuel tank, driver, battery, etc. etc. I've read that you can correct this by installing a shim on the driver side leaf spring under your leaf spring pack. Sasquatch_ryda maybe able to point you in the right direction, as I recall him posting something on some other thread about this same problem someone else was having.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals