• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 no spark

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Isn`t wiring fun. well it is for me unless I need to drive the vehicle with wiring issues. Did you get it running good yet. Have you run a compression test and checked the vacuum pressure. Check the compression after the engine is up to temp pull the plugs and crank on each cyclinder untill the guage stops moving usually two or three revolutions. write the numbers down depending how old the motor is the the most important is they are within 5% between the high and low. Good job on the harness did you give the connectors a shot of dielectric grease when you plugged everything in. Now you know the wires are good I will make it alot easier diagnosing any issues you may have.

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya finaly got it running good the fuel injector wires where conected wrong so i fixed that and brought it out then she started spitting oil like crazy from the valve cover fixed that and broke a fuel line thats goin to be fixed tomorrow lol

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Cool I hope that is all thats wrong. At least now you know the wiring is good and how everything works it makes diagnostics alot easier.

marcuspur

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool I hope that is all thats wrong. At least now you know the wiring is good and how everything works it makes diagnostics alot easier.
ya ive gone over everything on this truck now and pulled the motor to change the flywheel and one of my starter bolts striped out and messed up the new one so tomorrow ive got to pull it back out and put on my 2nd one

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals