• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.5 maf sensor compatable with 3.0?

lpdizzydawg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
ok i have just bought my 2nd ranger now owning two. GO ME lol j/j. anyways both are 2001s, well i just bought the 3.0 2months ago and on start up in the lot it was a horrible idle and strugllled to stay alive, i figured it just hadnt been started in a while. as i drove it off the lot on start up no problems, cool right? nope within a week it started the same stuff. so i went and got injector cleaner and went ahead and replaced the fuel filter (which they had the wrong one on it)too big) and the I.A.C. seems to be a lil better but i still feel a lil sputter at times on idle in the pedal. my next step is the M.A.F. sensor, but my question is now i know they are two totally diffrent motors but can i use the M.A.F. off my 01 2.5 on my 01 3.0 and just adjust the air flow with the valve? i would really like to not have to spend the 130$ right now. i belive also that this is why i only average 240 miles to my 14 gallon tank

Wetbed0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Your gas mileage is about right. If you only drive highway you can stretch it. But no clue about the other stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals