• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 to 2.9

Lifted2x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya the map sensor is a little important.

codes can be pulled with just a jumper and a test light (the check engine light probably isnt hooked up, if any of the rest of the itnall is anything to go by). more details in the tech library.
Well I tried to pull the codes but it wont do anything i connected a test light then connected the jump wire but it didn't do anything no flashes or anything. I had the key on and the engine off but didn't get anything out of it. I did notice that it runs almost perfect for the first minute or so then it acts like it is missing real bad and when you give it some throttle it wont rev up past about 2500 and it sounds like it is backfiring through the intake. possibly the timing is off?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you had the ignition off while hooking the jumper up, right? you should at least get a code 11 (test passed).

timing is a possibility...the pcm does advance the timing as the engine warms up.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
that and the ingition module right? i'm not sure what the failure modes are though

2X- have you hooked up a timing light and pulled the pill to see if its at 10 degrees?

what about disconnecting the map sensor to see if it goes away again?on post 12 it sounds like it started when you plugged it back in.i'm don't know the procedures offhand but you really should check the values of all your sensors,maybe the map is bad?

Lifted2x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got it to give me the codes and it showed a 54 for a IAT high signal and a 67, must have been a 2.9 auto computer

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
is the IAT present and hooked up? if it is, you can unhook it and see if your problem is still there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals