• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.0l 1988 Pcv?

J281v8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 266K
Transmission
Manual
On my 2.3 it's under the intake manifold and goes into a rubber hose. I found it with a light and a mirror.

Plum Ranger XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I have a 1988 2.0L idlin all wobbly, I bought a new PCV but I cant find it anywere. Does anybody know were it is?
It's located by the distributor cap.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
^^^what he said...

there is a little S shaped tube that comes out from the carb...if you have the 2bbl carb, that is...and you might want to reach under and pull the canister from under the intake manifold (yes, it does come out easily)...and run some gas through it or part cleaner...that is an important part of the PCV system and can get plugged up...

ianthegreat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The PCV valve is inbetween a hose/tube coming out of the bottom front of the carb, it then runs into a canister type thing that is directly below your intake manifold.

I found it was easiest to squeeze my hand under the intake manifold and take out the canister with all the hoses attached. It should pull right out. You do not need to take the carb off.

Edit:

The yellow circle is the top half of the tube that connects into the carb. The white circle is the canister I was talking about. The PCV valve is inbetween these.

Last edited:

bozo4ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140 CID
Transmission
Manual
ianthegreat's photo above...2.0 '86 Ranger..even all broken down, it does not look anything like my 1986 Ranger 2.3L EFI 5-speed, Is this an automatic?....Also I have Fuel Injectors, not a 2bbl Carburetor like him, so I'm still confused where this PCV goes on my truck.

Last edited:

nightowl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like a trick question, but I also have a 1988 Ford ranger , 2.0 , 5pd stick shift. Took me awhile after asking questions, as no one had an answer for me. I found the pcv valve underneath the alternator(drivers side of engine), next to the distributor. Have to move the alternator out of the way by lifting it up with the bolt still in place, not the adjusting nut, which i took out. tighten the alternator bolt in upright position. Have to take off the belt first.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals