• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 4.0 4x4 Project

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did have to go back and tweak a few things during installation. I left my rear spring blocks in as this is what i read other did while installing this lift. However this left the rear of my truck sitting way to high. I had to remove the blocks to get the truck to sit level.

Attachments

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One negative thing i found is that with this lift on stock Ranger wheels(high positive offset) the tires rub the shocks when you turn the wheel all the way to the left or right. Hoping my new wheels and tires fix this.

Attachments

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice looking truck.

Any hints on the new wheel/tire combination?

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm going with toyo open country Mt 33x12.5x15 on a fuel Anza rims D558. I'm still having major alignment issues with getting the camber right though. Common problem with these TTB suspensions after a lift. I installed a super runner steering system and 2 1/2 degree camber bushings and its still not right. Taking it to a local guy that builds TTB explorers this week so he can work his magic on it.

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Finally got the truck back today from the alignment shop. It rides 100% better since someone that actually knew TTB suspensions adjusted it. Im really happy with how the wheels came out.

Attachments

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unfortunately I don't have many old pieces left. I only have the OEM step bar brackets and the OEM mud flaps left over. The chrome grill was pretty messed up anyway, full of cracks.

MagicMexican

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm going with toyo open country Mt 33x12.5x15 on a fuel Anza rims D558. I'm still having major alignment issues with getting the camber right though. Common problem with these TTB suspensions after a lift. I installed a super runner steering system and 2 1/2 degree camber bushings and its still not right. Taking it to a local guy that builds TTB explorers this week so he can work his magic on it.
https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K80109-Caster-Adjusting-Bushing/dp/B000C59ZDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468933897&sr=8-1&keywords=moog+k80109

I used a pair of these for alignment, and they worked great for me. But I also don't have as much of a lift as you do. Glad your guy got it figured out, tho, truck looks great!!

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks I appreciate it. I purchased fixed degree bushings since I heard good and bad about the adjustable bushings. If I couldn't get it right they were my next step though.

callsigntater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Had to replace my reverse light switch. Because of the inaccessibility of the switch on the side of the transmission it was a pain in the butt to get out. After spending way to much time than I care to admit trying to get it out i came up with this which worked. A pair of large vise grips, 22mm socket wrapped tightly with electrical tape for grip. Then clamp the vise grips on as tight as you can manage. Worked great

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals