• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 347/c4 build -project- rebel rouser

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Nice brotha, glad to see you still trucking along . I'm gathering the last bits for the t5 swap on my side [emoji48][emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prymetime1

Reaction score
Nice brotha, glad to see you still trucking along . I'm gathering the last bits for the t5 swap on my side [emoji48][emoji482]

Hey broski, yeah slowly getting there. Lucky you on the t5 swap, your going to enjoy rowing gears when that is complete. How's your son's fox coming along?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
1994 347/c4 build -project name pending

Hey broski, yeah slowly getting there. Lucky you on the t5 swap, your going to enjoy rowing gears when that is complete. How's your son's fox coming along?

Actually need to order the wheels and tires now . It's running pretty damn good right here at the shop running around the back streets . Doing body work now mostly . Just need the 17x9's to finish the wider fender flares . I can't wait to be shifting gears and drinking [emoji481]'s

prymetime1

Reaction score
Ok so i picked up the engine yesterday. Engine builder had to deck the block .006 to get the surface cleaned up. Additionally, it needed two new pistons. Apparently there was detonation happening and it f'd up cylinders 1 & 7, the ringland fell apart when he inspected things.

Cylinder 1:

Cylinder 7:

Luckily, the rings kept the metal from falling apart and doing excessive damage as he said the cylinder walls and heads didn't have any damage.

Honed the bores, polished the crank, (found its an eagle stroker crank), new main bearings,cam bearings, total seal rings, heads cleaned up, new valve seals and felpro gaskets around.
I have another order for a new water pump and flexplate, plugs & header wrap. Once I get all that, I can get it ready to drop back in.

I still have to mess with my engine mounts but I'm shooting to have this thing back on the road by end of the month.

I've installed the larger trans cooler also. Slowly getting there.

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
[emoji1363][emoji1362][emoji482] brotha get back at it .

prymetime1

Reaction score
Finally got some free time to wrench on the truck.

1. I got the new engine mounts locked down to where the mock motor sits nice. Used a couple grade 8 ,1/4 inch washers to get it inline.

2. First time rebuilding a carburetor so I watched a few youtube vids and got it going. I did not replace the floats but pretty much everything else. 3 cans of cleaner n plenty of air and it came out pretty good. We'll see if it runs better. The bowls had some ish in them but otherwise it was pretty clean. The accelerate pump looked to be leaking a tad so that got replaced.

3. Got my balancer lines painted in, my oil relocation set up & my oil pressure fitting bolted in. Did a bolt inventory for the new water pump coming in and I'll need a couple extra ones. Figured to get new stainless bolts to dress that up.

I got parts coming in Wednesday and picked up new filters, oil & coolant today in preparation. I got a couple more odds n ends to get but hoping to have it back together In the next week or so.

Pics of the fun :

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Nicely done sir [emoji482]

prymetime1

Reaction score
Nicely done sir [emoji482]

Thanks cuzo! Feels good to be in the right direction now. Looking fwd to getting it back on the road n cruising again. Hopefully my pops n I can get it dialed in this time around. It's getting a kick down cable installed and a new exhaust set up sooner than later.
Looking fwd to ur t5 swap updates, how far out for ya?

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
Getting close came to a stop for a week or so cause im in the middle of moving . But just need a flywheels and pedal assembly. Haven't tore the truck apart yet just so I can keep driving for now

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
And how you doing the exhaust now brotha ?

prymetime1

Reaction score
And how you doing the exhaust now brotha ?

Sounds like ur close on the the swap bud. Idk if the ranger clutch pedal will work but if I can remove mine, u can have it. I'll need to look n see how the assembly is mounted. Right now I have it zip tied down out of the way. Congrats on the move, still in austin?
as far as the exhaust goes, I'm looking to tuck it up nice n even, still going to exit in front of rear tires but I'm thinking of putting some different mufflers on also. The glass pack/ flow master combo now is ok but I want something like the slp loud mouths or along those lines for a more aggressive tone.

prymetime1

Reaction score
Quick update, engines back in and just about ready to be fired up. The new mounts are much nicer and now allow removal of the headers with out pulling the engine so that's a plus. I got header wrap on the way so I can make em look decent since my high temp paint didn't hold up. They looked like I never touched them :(
Should have it running next weekend.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Quick update, engines back in and just about ready to be fired up. The new mounts are much nicer and now allow removal of the headers with out pulling the engine so that's a plus. I got header wrap on the way so I can make em look decent since my high temp paint didn't hold up. They looked like I never touched them :(
Should have it running next weekend.
Try high heat BBQ paint. I've had good success using it

ATX

11/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Built not bought
+1 on the BBQ paint it flat but f it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals