• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 2.3L PCV Location??

Rufus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I have looked everywhere for this little bugger and can't seem to find where it is. Used the guide on the Autozone Web page and the Haynes manual and still nothing. Everything just says typical location and nothing definative. I would assume that the Pcv plugs into the valve cover somewhere. I have looked on the intake side all the way down to the level of the spark plugs, exhaust side, felt for it on the backside of the engine and one place I read said the box for the air cleaner but nothing. I have tried twice and spent about 1/2 hour total on this stupid thing and hope someone there can guide me.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
not sure if the 2.3's are similar to the 2.5 in my truck, but mine was in between the intake runner closest to the front of the engine.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
It's on the driver's side under the intake manifold...you should find a hose coming up through the intake and connecting to the TB somewhere...

I know it can be tight, but put your hand just under the manifold in line with the knuckle on the steering column where the two shafts meet...feel right up under the manifold to the block and you should come across the canister that the PCV connects to...then follow that hose up to the intake and you will find your PCV...

Rufus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I stopped in on the way to work and talked to my mechanic and he had a time trying to find it even after talking to someone in the service department at the Ford Garage. Finally we found it just like you said it is in the middle in a longish hose that snakes around from the firewall side drops along the TB and down in unknow areas below the injector rails (wasn't really worried about where it was going). There is not much to see really about 1/2" spacer coupling a hose around 3/4" or so. Good thing it was still rattling so we were sure we had the right thing. Thanks for all your help. Too bad Advanced didn't sell me the correct valve!

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure you didn't get the correct valve? The valve might come with a plastic tee on the top of it, you just pull that off and then put it in. It looks completely wrong until you pull it off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals