• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1990 ranger 79 302 looking for headers that will fit

brandonhalfmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1979 302
Transmission
Automatic
new guy here lol i have a 1990 4x4 ford ranger with a 1979 302 with an automatic c4 tranny...im having trouble finding headers that will fit. does anyone know of some that will work?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With a bodylift Hedman 88400's fit pretty nice, otherwise they will take a little firewall modification on the passenger side.

There is a sticky at the top of the V8 swap forum with a bunch of pictures of different headers in Rangers.

brandonhalfmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1979 302
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 3inch body lift and 3 inch suspension...i got some old manifolds at the junk yard and the drivers side one fits good its just the passenger side hits on the frame so i was just thinking about getting headers instead but it worrys me if i buy some and they do the same thing but thanks for the info on the swaps man

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I'm using the explorer headers (restrictive) but you can also use the cast manifolds (less restrictive). Only reason I'm running them, they came with my 302. Both clear my frame and both have the same angles of out let if you switch from one to the other. I don't have any body lift but I have a 6 inch suspension lift that includes a SAS.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

brandonhalfmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1979 302
Transmission
Automatic
i traded my 2001 yz250f that needed new valves for the ranger....i think i got a good deal haha u tell me?

Attachments

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Somebody put some work into it. Looks like they are going for a Baja type truck. I say you got a good deal. For picks of under the hood, lift and whatnot?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

brandonhalfmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1979 302
Transmission
Automatic
hey sorry took so long to reply been busy all day and actually painted my truck cab today with the tintable raptor liner....tomorrow ill take pictures of the suspension and motor and post em on here....heres some pics of the raptor liner but i still need to add one more coat to cover up the white of the baja fiber glass fenders

Attachments

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Brandon.. After reading your post about painting with bed liner I searched a bit and read quite a lot about it over on an FJ forum. Looks kind of interesting and a bit redneck. I might consider using it to undercoat my ride but I am not too sure I would want the body painted with it. One of the major cons about the product used as body paint was keeping it clean. However it also might look good as a rocker treatment. I think I will definitely shoot the inside of the bed with it as I think Rhino is too thick.

Thanks for the ideas. But it's still kinda redneck. :icon_twisted: But then again I might just be a redneck.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Brandon.. After reading your post about painting with bed liner I searched a bit and read quite a lot about it over on an FJ forum. Looks kind of interesting and a bit redneck. I might consider using it to undercoat my ride but I am not too sure I would want the body painted with it. One of the major cons about the product used as body paint was keeping it clean. However it also might look good as a rocker treatment. I think I will definitely shoot the inside of the bed with it as I think Rhino is too thick.

Thanks for the ideas. But it's still kinda redneck. :icon_twisted: But then again I might just be a redneck.
Usually the people that coat the whole truck in it don't really care about cleanliness (it may be next to godliness in a house but not on a trail)

I want to do my lower rockers becuase on the first and second generations the body kinda wraps down and around the sides of the truck and gets beat with a lot of trash from the tires... especially of those tires are mud tires. :icon_thumby:

brandonhalfmann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
1979 302
Transmission
Automatic
I actually read up on raptor liner for a good amount of time and its easy to clean and also has the uv protection in it so it won't fade...its also very easy to put on

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals