• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1990 been parked for years need it to run!

parked-ranger

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My dad has my sisters old ranger 4x4 and it has been parked for over 5 years. I need/want to get it back on the road because my TDI jetta is about to roll 300k and you never know when a backup is needed plus my mom would rather drive the ranger than the f150. yesterday i put in accessory temp and oil sensors and noticed a couple things i am hoping you guys can help with.

1) what is the correct oil weight and coolant type?

2) there is a yellow wire coming out of the harness just above the oil sender. It is about a foot long hanging down going no where. I assume it must belong somewhere?

3) on the drivers side below the washer fluid tank their is a hard line coming up from the frame with the two ac lines. There is the remnant of a rubber hose on it. About a foot away towards the radiator is a goofy plastic box with a hose headed toward the rear also broken. is this all the same line?

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
1) 10w-30 should work fine. Where you're located may have some impact, but I am in NE, IN and run 10w-30 in a lot of things all year round.. Coolant is just the plain old green coolant. I usually go w/ 50-50 pre-mixed.

2) That looks like the wire that goes to the oil level sender on the driver's side of the oil pan.

3) The hard lines run from the fuel tank to that box for venting gas fumes. From the other side of the box, it should go to a small nipple under the throttle body. It points strait down. It would be between the 2 large 90s under the TB, it's kind of hard to see.

parked-ranger

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
3) The hard lines run from the fuel tank to that box for venting gas fumes. From the other side of the box, it should go to a small nipple under the throttle body. It points strait down. It would be between the 2 large 90s under the TB, it's kind of hard to see.
I added some notes to the pictures to make my question more clear about the broken hose hopefully. Once I am by the truck your comments probably will make sense. Thanks for answering 1 & 2 as well.

Attachments

pcollins

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
GMC
Engine Size
4.8L
Transmission
Automatic
What engine is it? I'm pretty sure almost all ranger engines take 5w-20.

john93rangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
my 93 takes 5w30

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals