• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale 1985 Ford Bronco II XLT

Mighty B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I’m finally ready to part with my beloved 85 Bronco II. This B2 has been in my family for 30 yrs and ran great until approx 6 years ago when I pushed the clutch cylinder through the floor while attempting to shift gears. Sadly, it’s been dry docked in the driveway ever since. I kept the engine running for approx 2 yrs, but it hasn’t been started since 2017. The B2 definitely has some rust issues, but it’s also got some good parts on it. I’ve avoided selling it to guys that planned on parting it out, but now I’m just looking to sell it to someone who isn’t going to drag it straight to the crusher.

I’m only posting 2 pics to gauge interest because the B2 is located in Mass and I’m not sure how many B2 enthusiasts on this forum are located in New England. The first pic was taken in 2010 (included just to show you that it has potential). The second pic is the B2 in its current state (in serious need of some TLC). If anyone is interested, I can provide more info & send more pics.
  • 149K total miles
  • 2.8L V6 (rebuilt engine with 50K miles on it)
  • 5-spd manual transmission (rebuilt LighTruck transmission with 20K miles on it)
  • 4WD with lightly used Borg Warner transfer case
  • Skyjacker 4” suspension lift
  • Polyurethane gas tank
Asking $300 (just enough to hopefully deter someone from dragging it straight to the scrap yard)

Attachments

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
You've got a lot of good parts there, and honestly I think the truck has great potential to be brought back to life. Good luck with the sale; I sincerely hope that the right buyer comes your way.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Where are the rust issues?

Mighty B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Thanks RobbieD - I'd love to find a buyer who'd bring this B2 back to life. It's been sitting on the sidelines for way too long.

snoranger - The rust on the outer body is primarily on the hood, the rear quarterpanels, and on the bottom of the side doors (also near passenger side mirror). The driver's side firewall and the driver's side floor are the worst spots on the floor. That's where the clutch cylinder went through. The rest of the floor isn't that bad. At the time, I told myself I was going to learn how to weld and fix it up, but I just haven't had the time. The frame also has a bunch of surface rust on it. This B2 spent 20 yrs in NJ and VA, and then spent 16 years in MA. The New England winters/salt caused a lot of the underside surface rust (frame rear shocks, etc).

Attachments

Mic5423

Reaction score
May have missed it, but where is this truck located? I’d be interested in coming to get it, distance permitting.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
May have missed it, but where is this truck located? I’d be interested in coming to get it, distance permitting.
Massachusetts... aka almost as far away as you can get in the lower 48 states from California.

The firewall does see a lot of stress where there master cylinder is, not really uncommon to have issues there.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Frame shot and a and b pillar bottoms.

Shot around top a pillar door hinge.

I don't want to see it go to scrap either.

Mic5423

Reaction score
I’m moving soon, maybe a month or so to DFW area, Texas. If OP is interested, I might be able to meet them half way. I’m a welder by trade, and would plan to do a body off, rotisserie (if need be) resto.

RANGERICK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 & 1989 B2
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
stock
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Be patient and use a torque wrench when called for.
I’m finally ready to part with my beloved 85 Bronco II. This B2 has been in my family for 30 yrs and ran great until approx 6 years ago when I pushed the clutch cylinder through the floor while attempting to shift gears. Sadly, it’s been dry docked in the driveway ever since. I kept the engine running for approx 2 yrs, but it hasn’t been started since 2017. The B2 definitely has some rust issues, but it’s also got some good parts on it. I’ve avoided selling it to guys that planned on parting it out, but now I’m just looking to sell it to someone who isn’t going to drag it straight to the crusher.

I’m only posting 2 pics to gauge interest because the B2 is located in Mass and I’m not sure how many B2 enthusiasts on this forum are located in New England. The first pic was taken in 2010 (included just to show you that it has potential). The second pic is the B2 in its current state (in serious need of some TLC). If anyone is interested, I can provide more info & send more pics.
  • 149K total miles
  • 2.8L V6 (rebuilt engine with 50K miles on it)
  • 5-spd manual transmission (rebuilt LighTruck transmission with 20K miles on it)
  • 4WD with lightly used Borg Warner transfer case
  • Skyjacker 4” suspension lift
  • Polyurethane gas tank
Asking $300 (just enough to hopefully deter someone from dragging it straight to the scrap yard)
What's the status of your B2?
LeBronco

Mighty B

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
My bad guys. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications about responses being posted on this thread. I didn't think anyone had responded since June and just saw your posts today. The B2 is in Mass and it's still available. Sorry for the late reply - I'll be better about checking this thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals