• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

$10 home depot grille mod... for mazda!

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No idea. I'd only put them on my truck because I wouldn't be driving it to college. If I was, I'd just put another set of random 235's on. Or leave the old ones on and drive slick.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
i almost considered getting some tsl swampers but i didnt know if they are the best for commuting...how do they wear?
Please tell me your joking....... seriously?????

and you will never get them balanced either.

DD-hell no. Trail Rig that you drive home sometimes.... maybe.
Buckshots, and mud dawgs ride and wear better.

Frank

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, the rubber in them is too soft for a lot of street travel.

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Please tell me your joking....... seriously?????

and you will never get them balanced either.

DD-hell no. Trail Rig that you drive home sometimes.... maybe.
Buckshots, and mud dawgs ride and wear better.

Frank
thats what i figured, they are way to aggressive to commute like 300 miles a week...they would prob last about a year and be shot. Thats why i got the new BFG's, i know i paid some just for the name but so far they have wore great you can barely even tell their is wear on them to be honest...

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
300 miles a week isn't a bad commute, I'd say it's average. I drive around 500. Sticking with the BFG's would probably be a good idea if they're wearing good.

Only reason I was looking at the Boggers is because once may rolls around, I go from 500+ miles a week to 120/150.

racerman85

I had 30x10.50 TSL's on for a little over a year before I switched this year to Pro Comp A/T's... they lasted about 20-25,000 miles. If you dont like to talk to people on the phone while driving, they are an excellent choice.

Last edited:

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
If you hate money you really cannot beat toyo open country mt's.....
I hate money obviously.

Tread Writes are the next best choice because it won't hurt your feelings to wear em down.

I really wanted nitto mud grapplers... I've heard good things, and they look SICK.

Frank

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
If you hate money you really cannot beat toyo open country mt's.....
I hate money obviously.

Tread Writes are the next best choice because it won't hurt your feelings to wear em down.

I really wanted nitto mud grapplers... I've heard good things, and they look SICK.

Frank
Haha nitto mud grapplers? Those are the ones with the flames right? My dad has those on his 2007 silverado. Maybe I'll snag a picture. Those were my first choice as my soon to be replacements but DAMN are they expensive. I'm just gonna get a fuel efficient street tire for my 4 cyl 2wd road warrior. My next vehicle WILL BE a newer extended cab 4x4 ranger (fleetside this time) with decent factory tires on it and i WILL save till I can put Nitto Mud Grapplers on it

Last edited:

mattpresley

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
:threadjacked:

Good daily driver M/T is the Mastercraft Corsair M/T. I've had mine on the road now for about 2 years now, daily driven and still have 75% of the tread left and aren't to loud on the street. and the best part is they wont break the bank at $140.00 per tire for 31's.

Last edited:

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i'm about to be looking for a good set of 33s. i would like BFG A/Ts but i know BFG runs expensive. any suggestions for good bang for buck?

and someone please apologize to the poor fella that started this thread for having it jacked.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I love a a Mastercraft Courser MT as well.... ran them on my dually (E-Rated tires though)

Frank

chrisp6108

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I had put 60k miles on a 91 jeep wrangler with buckshot MT's and i would put them on my mazda if it was 4x4. but i didnt, i would suggest BFG's as well, even the A/t's work better then alot of other M/t's but thats my suggestion. if i recall correctly the buckshots were a fairly high compond of rubber which is why i got so many miles out of them, or the fact my jeep was light weight not sure which it was, but i loved the tires!

chrisp6108

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
i'm about to be looking for a good set of 33s. i would like BFG A/Ts but i know BFG runs expensive. any suggestions for good bang for buck?

and someone please apologize to the poor fella that started this thread for having it jacked.
BFG's are worth the money, there hard to pass up for the durability you get with there tires. will last a LONG time..... save up for the extra 100-150 bucks and get the bfg's

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals