• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. won't start when it is warm\hot..please help

94 Ranger 4.0. We've been battling a no start condition when warm\hot for the last several months and everything we have changed\repaired has failed to correct the problem. The truck will always start and run when it is dead cold. But if we run the engine for say 15 minutes and shut if off, it...
  2. what is best way to install fuel rail?

I am in the process of installing a new lower intake gasket on our 94 4.0 litre ranger. I decided to remove the fuel injectors also and flush them out with cleaner and replace the bottom fuel rail gasket while it is on the bench. When I removed the fuel rail, it was very difficult to pull it off...
  3. are these symptoms of a leaking fuel injector?

94 ranger, 4.0 engine. We occasionally get a no start condition when the engine is warm. It always starts fine when the engine is dead cold. It also seems to start fine if you let a hot engine sit for an hour or more. However, recently the engine has failed to fire when we turn off a hot engine...
  4. what brand of slave cylinder to buy?

94 ranger--- The last slave we installed lasted 2 years, it was a brand I can't recall the name of sold by O'reilly's. Couldn't have been much good so I have gone to the Rockauto website and I see they offer---AC Delco, Wagner, Bendix, Dorman, to name a few. Prices seem fine. Which would you...
  5. how do I diagnose knocking in 4x4 system?

94 ranger 4x4, manual trans with manual hubs. Ever since my son got the truck we get knocking sounds in the driveline when the front hubs are locked. The knocking noise is most prominent when the truck is cold and you first get going. It knocks when cold even without the transfer case engaged...
  6. how does idle air control valve work?

We are plagued by the high idle condition that many ranger owners seems to have. I've read many threads on this forum on the issue but none really address my question. How does the device work? It seems from my looking at it off the truck, when it is disconnected, the default position is to...
  7. how to remove hose from clutch master?

94 Ranger. Clutch master must be replaced. I see a roll pin that needs to be pushed out to get the main supply hose from the master to the clutch slave removed. But how to do that with the master bolted in place? There is no room to move near there. Do you guys remove the hose with the master...
  8. fuel pressure questions

94 ranger 4.0. Was running and got to about operating temp and then we shut if off. It wouldn't start up right after we turned it off. Cranked over fast but no fire. We pushed it into the shop and I tested for spark at the plugs. There is spark. So, I listened for the fuel pump. It clearly comes...
  9. how to get RH front axle U joints "in phase"

94 Ranger 4x4, Dana 35 axle. I am going to be replacing the U joint on the RH axle shaft near the spindle. Last year I replaced the U joint on the RH axle stub shaft that comes out of the carrier (big job that was, and maybe I did not get the shafts together correctly as my son complains of a...
  10. radius arm bushing install

Just finished installing LH radius arm bushing on my son's 94 ranger 4x4. I thought I'd share my experience for the benefit of others. There are 2 methods to get the bushing off the shaft. The service manual tells you to remove spring, shock, sway bar, tie rod, and loosen axel pivot bolt, then...
  11. what is causing wheel bearings to overheat and score the race?

About 6 months ago, our 94 ranger 4x4 got a growling noise from the front end. I discovered the inner race on the rotor had a little chip out of it. So I removed the race, installed a new bearing and race and the noise went away. The bearing had evidence of heat damage, kind of reddish color in...
  12. what is the thin metal on inside of brake pad

Bought new pads last year, installed on 94 ranger. I took them off today to inspect the rotors for runout. I noticed on the inner pad that sits against the caliper piston, a thin metal strip that is riveted onto the pad is almost broken free of the rivets holding it to the pad. I think this is...
  13. how to test speakers for short to ground?

Installed a new alpine head unit in my son's 94 Ranger. It seemed to operate the 4 stock speakers okay after the install, but we couldn't get the subwoofer to deliver the kind of sound he had with the old head unit. Seemed there was no power going to the amp from the head unit using the RCA...
  14. can I drive with front driveshaft disconnected?

94 Ranger 4x4. My son and I replaced 2 U joints on the front drive axles this weekend. The center one near the front differential was the worst. That meant taking the pig out to remove C clip. All done now. BUT, unfortunately on our test drive we had a knocking sound when we locked the manual...
  15. best way to remove rear leaf springs

My son's 94 ranger needs new springs, 2 middle leafs broken. I tried to take the nuts off the bolts that hold the springs to the braket at front and shackle at rear with little success. Even if I get the nuts off, I don't see a way to pound the bolt off. Will a saws-all blade cut the bolts off...
  16. where to get new door weatherstrip?

94 Ranger, need door bottom weatherstrip for both doors. Any source other than dealer and LCM truck? They want 40 bucks each just for each door bottom piece.
  17. newbie need advice from experts on speakers

I want to create a sound system that has lots of volume for those days driving down the road with windows down, with some reasonable bass, but I don't like that heavy bass sound my son gets with his sub-woofer\amp setup. I am thinking of a decent head unit, say 50 watts x 4, with an amplifier. I...
  18. how to adjust headlamp aim?

94 ranger, I would like to aim the headlamps myself. I have aimed other headlamps successfully by setting the vehicle 25 feet away from a wall and adjusting them to a bit below a level height. My question is how do I physically adjust these Ranger headlamps?. I see two adjusters on each...
  19. 94 ranger alignment questions

94 ranger 4x4. The top of each front wheel is leaning in towards the engine slightly, so camber is not correct. I removed each front wheel today and adjusted the camber bushings that surround each upper ball joint. I maxed them out to try and get the wheels standing level. One side was close to...
  20. where to buy new power side mirror 94 ranger

My son needs a new driver side power side mirror for his 94 ranger. Where is a good place to buy one, other than Ford dealers who will want a fortune? Any good vendors who specialize in Ranger stuff for a 94, maybe one that offers a catalogue? thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad