• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Advice on a seatbelt for my 2001

Hello, just picked up a 01 4x4 Ranger 4 door super cab and the driver seatbelt retractor spring must be broke as the belt lays there like a wet noodle. I have no problem buying used. Where is the best place to start looking (I tried ebay) and what years all fit? The truck color I believe is...
  2. Going to look at a 2003 Ranger with possible bad 4.0 engine

Hey guys, I found a 2003 Ranger 4x4 with a 4.0. I currently have 02 Ranger with a 3.0 and would prefer a 4.0 as well as a styleside box not stepside. Anyways this 2003 Ranger I am interested in is not running and I was told it possibly is a timing issue. I was told it turns over but will not...
  3. Replaced upper control arm now alignment is way off

2002 Ranger 3.0 4x4 torsion bar suspension. I replaced the upper control arm today and I am not kidding but the old one had over 1" of play when I would wiggle the tire. The truck always went down the road straight as an arrow and no irregular tire wear but that much play scared the heck out of...
  4. Check valve or regulator may be out but now engine idles great

2002 Ranger 3.0 OHV Gas with 289,xxx on it. So I am the second owner of this pickup and bought it with a bad valve in the head. It was cheaper and wiser to throw a Taurus motor in it that had only 57k on the engine when the truck already had 195k on it. The truck has always had a rough idle...
  5. Need help on using Taurus injectors

Swaped a 04 Taurus engine in my 02 Ranger and my original injectors a couple appear dirty and have 204,000 miles on them so I put in the Taurus ones. Now I have a CEL saying bank 1 and 2 are too rich. Pretty sure it is the injectors. Looking on Alldata it appear that the 04 Taurus are 21lb...
  6. My 3.0 Taurus swap experience.

Did the Taurus swap Saturday on my 2002 4x4 Ranger and I found a couple things that I have not seen mentioned on here or maybe I missed but would like to share to save some of the hassle I went through. If you are going to do the swap please do the head gaskets as well. It is like a $75 head...
  7. Quick 3.0 Taurus swap question

2002 Ranger has over 200k and I now have 0lbs in cylinder 2. I found a 2004 Taurus boneyard engine with 52k on it for $175. Other than needing to swap the head gaskets and upper intake and I'm sure front accesories what is a must need other swap parts. Like can I keep the taurus injectors and...
  8. Bad shake/miss at cruising speeds

Have a 2002 Ranger 3.0 with over 200k miles. I have always had a miss or rough idle since I bought it at 190k miles. Also I get a squeal at start up but on wet or damp days it squeals for a long time like a belt noise? Now I latley had a engine light say cylinder 2 miss, that went away and then...
  9. Changed IAC now the idle sticks high

I have had a stumble at idle on my 2002 Ranger 3.0. One day it was really slow at work and just messing around I took the IAC off to clean it up and see what would happen. Well the plunger in the IAC was really brittle and half of it broke. I put it back on to go to the part store to buy a new...
  10. The best Superbowl picture ever

11. Does anyone know about phone and text scams?

Just got a call about an hour ago from a lady that claimed to have hooked up with me and said she just went to the doctor and it did not look good. Before she went any farther I started asking how she got my number which she said I gave to her I then quickly hung up. About 10 seconds later I get...
  12. So what else is everone into?

Besides Rangers what else gets your freetime? Post some pictures. I am basically interested in anything with a motor, here are a couple of my toys.
  13. What is a good TPS sensor range?

My tranny has been shifting goofy, lazy, hard and other times it shift like a champ. I find if I feather the gas right before I think it should shift I get smoother shifts. I replaced trans filter and ALL the fluid. I refuse to think the tranny is going down and now have my sights on the TPS. My...
  14. Low transmission pressure

I have a 02 ranger automatic 4spd 4x4 that has 187,000 on it. It will shift hard unless you are real easy on it. I flushed the tranmission because it needed it. When I hooked it up to the machine at idle the pressure gauge barely moved and was not pushing fluid out very fast. If I gave it gas...
  15. Where to get head bolts

My 2002 Ranger with a 3.0 Vulcan engine have torque to yield head bolts. Is there a good place online to buy them or do they interchange with any other cars/trucks? My part store wants $40 for a set (two heads) just seeing if there is a cheaper alternative?
  16. Can I get a concrete answer on roller rockers?

I am very new to this site and I just bought my first Ranger. It is a 02 with the 3.0 Vulcan engine. I bought it with a dead cylinder (bad valves) and I am currently getting the heads rebuilt. One thing I have found out about this site is that 1.7 rr seem to be a popular mod but there is never a...
  17. Ranger windsield question

I need to replace my windshield on my Ranger. I will be replacing it myself, is there a place to buy just windshields besides the salvage yards? Also when I do go through the menu when looking for a windshield it asks if I have supercab or crew cab? I did not know Ranger made a crew cab in 02? I...
  18. Bought my first Ranger, it has problems

Hi everyone, I just bought my first Ranger (from original owner) and need some info if anyone can help. First off I am familiar with motors etc. I just brought home the Ranger and thought I would see if anyone knows if I have a common problem? Now I just got it home and scanned it and have...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad