• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Growl60

1. 4.0 manual block plate/separator plate

So I'm in the middle of a manual swap right now for my 94 4.0 2wd. I have everything I need but I'm having a hell of a time finding the block plate for the manual 4.0. The boneyards have been fruitless so far. Is there anyway I can modify the automatic plate to work for manual?
  2. Clutch master cylinder push rod - need help.

So I purchased a new master cylinder for my 95 Explorer after doing a clutch swap, new slave and new clutch line. I can't get any pressure at all after bleeding for hours and hours. Anyway, the new master cylinder I got the push rod that connects to the pedal and goes into the master cyl doesn't...
  3. Engine mounts - need advice!

So I need to order new motor mounts for my truck. 93, 3.0 4x4. Is there any difference between the 2WD and the 4x4 motor mounts? Because for some reason every place I look the passenger side 4x4 mount is twice as pricey as any other mount. They all LOOK the same but I could be wrong. Any...
  4. Just replaced transmission...having same issues.

Just replaced transmission...having same issues. HELP I just replaced my m5od 4x4 from my 3.0 and its like I never replaced it. Im having the identical issues I had before I replaced my transmission. It slips out of gear when you take your foot off the gas, it occasionally wont go into reverse...
  5. Having a hard time finding a transmission

I need an m5od 4x4 transmission that will bolt up to a 3.0 v6. Apparently its harder to find than I thought. Are these rare transmissions?
  6. Rebuilding M5od

So I have my transmission out of my truck. The input shaft has a lot of play and from what ive been told here the bearings are shot. Is it possible to rebuild this transmission, and how hard is it? I have another m50d here from a 4.0 motor thats in good shape, but I have the 3.0 motor. I was...
  7. Diagnosing Transmission issues. Need some advice

So after having some major problems with my transmission (m50d+4x4) I pulled it a few days ago. It would grind when I take my foot off the gas in any gear going over 25mph coasting, it also grinds when coasting in neutral. The last thing it did was I lost reverse and It started violently...
  8. Transmission will not separate from Engine. Need Help!

I have the m5od on a 3.0 v6. I have all the engine bolts out, everything disconnected, the starter is out and the crossmember out. The tranny dropped down but its pulling the engine with it and no matter what I do it will not separate. I cant find anywhere good to pry at it either. Ive been...
  9. Clutch cable removal HELP

Im having a hard time removing the clutch cable coming from the master cylinder from the transmission. Is there a special procedure for this? Can I do this with ordinary tools instead of a removal tool? I really need help, its the last thing stopping me from removing the transmission.
  10. '84 Ford barn find, what axles are these????

I would imagine since thats TTB on the front that the front axle is a Dana 50. Thats about all I know.
  11. Plasti-dip Paint Job

So my buddy just got this clean zero rust lowered 95 Ranger 2.3/5spd to replace his 02 lowered ranger that was wrecked. Well that truck was in the process of being painted single stage flat black. We heard about using spray plasti-dip to paint emblems and bumpers and such so why not paint a...
  12. My 97 Fixer upper/mild baha

First post! Here we are, I bought this 97 ranger for 900 bucks as a temporary DD when my 94 f150 popped a brake line and while I was rebuilding the front end. I bought it with broken 3 out of 4 broken leaf spring shackles. The front springs need to be replaced desparatly. I plan on getting some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad