• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cam and lifter kits

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Bray D, You belong on the same list as clueless. Anybody that thinks a 3.0 is slow just plain doesn't know how to drive one.
The roller rockers do a bunch for the bottom end. More the midrange. The u.d. crank pulley will improve bottom end as well.
The 3.0 screams and It loves it. My #1 pic.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Bray D, You belong on the same list as clueless. Anybody that thinks a 3.0 is slow just plain doesn't know how to drive one.
The roller rockers do a bunch for the bottom end. More the midrange. The u.d. crank pulley will improve bottom end as well.
The 3.0 screams and It loves it. My #1 pic.
I believe this is very true. Like someone said, the 3.0 liter is a high rpm motor. If you get it in it's poweband it hauls. It just doesn't have as much low end power, and this is excusable; it is a very small v6. If you want raw power it ain't your motor. If you want reliability, get one now!!!

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i agree with pony and fairfield my ranger has a 2.9 and i wouldnt mind a 3.0. you asked wut people thought and you asked for info if you dont liek wut ur being told that screw you upgrade to a 4.0l or a v8 have a good day queer

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
gray-thanks for the info, I'll look into it

mtnrgr-you haven't provided me with any info related to the original topic. I said my 3.0's a turd and you took offense. period. as far as I'm concerned you can take your advice elsewhere, and if you do decide to post again in here, make sure you get your whole idea in the post the first time.

you guys are insane if you think the 3.0 is powerful (in stock form). I don't care if an engine makes 162ft*lbs or torque at 1000rpm or at 6000rpm, 162ft*lbs is 162ft*lbs. and for this motor in particular, as you all have said, needs to be run in the 3k-4k range. unlike others, I ACTUALLY WHEEL MY TRUCK. too bad I don't have the gear reduction to crank 4000rpm and crawl a half a mile an hour on the trail(yet).

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
gray-thanks for the info, I'll look into it

mtnrgr-you haven't provided me with any info related to the original topic. I said my 3.0's a turd and you took offense. period. as far as I'm concerned you can take your advice elsewhere, and if you do decide to post again in here, make sure you get your whole idea in the post the first time.

you guys are insane if you think the 3.0 is powerful (in stock form). I don't care if an engine makes 162ft*lbs or torque at 1000rpm or at 6000rpm, 162ft*lbs is 162ft*lbs. and for this motor in particular, as you all have said, needs to be run in the 3k-4k range. unlike others, I ACTUALLY WHEEL MY TRUCK. too bad I don't have the gear reduction to crank 4000rpm and crawl a half a mile an hour on the trail(yet).
You think that you are the only one that gets on some narly rides, huh? Let me see... hmmm... umm...

Uh, NO!!

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i agree with pony and fairfield my ranger has a 2.9 and i wouldnt mind a 3.0. you asked wut people thought and you asked for info if you dont liek wut ur being told that screw you upgrade to a 4.0l or a v8 have a good day queer
lol actually you just made my day. I didn't ask what people thought, I asked who made cam and lifter kits. if you had read the whole thread I said that I'm just trying to keep this thing alive till I have the time and money to do a swap. looks like you've paid as much attention to this thread as you did in english class.

reginald-I never said I was the only one, I just thought I'd make it clear that for my application, the 3.0 is less than perfect.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya except u asked the same stupid question be4 and got the same answer ur getting now and in the other posts other than ur original u asked about info so if u don't like it get the **** out and ask don't ask the same question again. i may not care about English but at least info stays in my head and i don't ask stupid question over and over but hey its not ur fault ur inbreed from along line of retard i guess they need lovins too eh?

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hmm I just searched threads created by my name and nowhere did I find where I asked the same question. you must be mistaken. you haven't contributed to this thread much, do you even have a 3.0? maybe it you'd stop playin with your dusty balls and work on your truck people would respect your opinion. I hope you stay in school, I have a feeling you'll be pumping gas your whole life.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I can understand if the 3.0 liter is not great for your application. I like mine, but my truck is not lifted and I don't plan to lift it. I like the motor, but once you start lifting and getting bigger tires I can see why you would want a bigger motor. 302's are nice running little suckers.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ya except u asked the same stupid question be4 and got the same answer ur getting now and in the other posts other than ur original u asked about info so if u don't like it get the **** out and ask don't ask the same question again. i may not care about English but at least info stays in my head and i don't ask stupid question over and over but hey its not ur fault ur inbreed from along line of retard i guess they need lovins too eh?
The best part of this short bus rider's posts is he calls other people retards.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ya cuz i grew up in my fathers mechanic shop im pretty sure that means ive been working on cars since i was like 8 so ya believe it or not im in grade 11 and doing collage at the same time for mechanics degree so ya its obvious u didn't stay in school cuz u've already asked the same question at least twice, and i believe anyone with a brain would be smart enough to not ask over and over again

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
who cares if i have a 3.0L im 100% positive my 2.9L will run circles around you

gray13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea untill the the heads crack and the valve seat falls out like I had happen with the 2.9l in the 88 I used to have

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just thought I'd make it clear that for my application, the 3.0 is less than perfect.
If what you seek is perfection, You might as well give up right now!
There is no perfect motor, no perfect woman, Nothing is perfect.
When you come up with the money to put a big built motor in it, You won't be able to afford the gas.
My offroad truck has a stock, solid lifter, 3.0 from a '86 Aerostar. It has sat at 6 grand for long periods of time (bouncing off the rev limiter). It climbs hills just fine, It jumps really well (stay flat in the air). The v-8 trucks nose dive!
I really don't care if you don't like the 3.0 but, As I've told clueless, bashing the 3.0 is bashing Rangers and that I take offense to.
Also, I have a v-8 Ranger that gets driven maybe twice a year. I drive 3.0s everyday!

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yea untill the the heads crack and the valve seat falls out like I had happen with the 2.9l in the 88 I used to have
That's probably the third time I've heard of that happening (valve seats).. Makes me a little uneasy...

I already been though the cracked heads on my '88 as well, replaced with aftermarket and haven't had any troubles with them. This was 4 years ago.

2.9L is quick off the line. :) I put a more 3.0L minded cam (plus more lift and duration) in it for the upper RPMs since I very rarely use it as a truck. I've actually taken a '95 4.6L (odd ball) T-Bird in it.

Every fall/winter I get a beater car. Ever single one breaks on me and I depend on my Ranger again. '93 Taurus (tranny failure, but was a gift), '87 Marquis ($400 - tranny - replaced w/ junk yard AOD, failed again 2 years later), '85 Grand Prix (engine failure 262 SBC - took it too high of RPM - installed 327 - then sold), now I have a '93 Tempo I bought for $150, runs decent, shifts good, but has a laundy list of little stupid problems. There's tons of little Tempos around, so I'll take that as a good sign. Once I get my student loans paid off, I am more than likely going to get something newer than 2000 =/.

Pete

Edit:
Oh, the 262 was pushed to the limit trying to beat the same T-Bird that I took out with my Ranger. It topped out @ 98mph in 3rd.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals