• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I hate to ask but what happen to it.
I hit a Toyota Camery it the rear side and messed the front end up a little.. I drove it home and the guy I hit needed a tow truck. I Still have it in fact I offered you the cab.. I thought the black ranger was the better choice to build. Later on I am going to build a custom painted to match tandem axle ranger bed trailer out of it's bed and another I have (two beds welded together) along with two snug tops. Add carpet. custom couch flat TV gameing system etc. Call It the snake pit.. :icon_welder:

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As I stand straight and tall hands on hips I yell "Lets tear down!"
-WHY am i always the last to see these threads?????:bawling:
awesome work neighbor!:icon_thumby: great build and updates. if i'd known
from the start, i'd donated you a set of GT gfx.:D
but awesome just the same!........by the way.... i have this Ranger thats
tore down and has been stripped for 5 years that needs to be started.......:icon_idea:

p.s.....wheeeerrrrrreeesss Loganville?!:icon_rofl:

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I would have rebuilt the truck or rebuild a replica of it.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
-WHY am i always the last to see these threads?????:bawling:
awesome work neighbor!:icon_thumby: great build and updates. if i'd known
from the start, i'd donated you a set of GT gfx.:D
but awesome just the same!........by the way.... i have this Ranger thats
tore down and has been stripped for 5 years that needs to be started.......:icon_idea:

p.s.....wheeeerrrrrreeesss Loganville?!:icon_rofl:
Thanks Bud!!

Sounds like you know exactly where Loganville is! :shok: Had I known you would have donated I would have let you know I was startin!! I got a good deal on a set of Stillen gfx so it's all good. I love the GT She looks sweet in your avitar. :icon_hornsup: If you are ever out this way hit me up :icon_cheers:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would have rebuilt the truck or rebuild a replica of it.
It was a sharp truck... I won a few trophys with it and always met a new girl when I took her cruzing.. I use to cruze a 5 mile circle in bumper to bumper cruzing traffic in it.. Some of the best times of my life!! Good times.. Needless to say the 5 mile circle is one lane now so no more fun there...

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks Bud!!

Sounds like you know exactly where Loganville is! :shok: If you are ever out this way hit me up :icon_cheers:
-yeah, spent a summer there when in college('84) with my aunt while working in Lawrenceville. and will get with u. am serious, had a '86 project started and havent touched it in 5 years......:dunno: need to do a fund raiser......lol:icon_twisted:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
- am serious, had a '86 project started and havent touched it in 5 years......:dunno: need to do a fund raiser......lol:icon_twisted:
lol I am still waiting on my Ranger stimulus package :icon_rofl: if it doesn't come through then I will need a fund raiser myself... Keep me posted on the 86.. :D

Madracingalley

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volvo....
Engine Size
2.4L T5
Transmission
Automatic
0.46 mg/kg LD/50 Fuel only!

WARNING : Venom under pressure open slowly!

as for the lights. I say, in the bumper, closer together under the grill. will post pic soon.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK
gotta admire the intake... I love the color choice on the motor. wish i could do that...
have to wait to put my chevette on the road though......

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
0.46 mg/kg LD/50 Fuel only!

WARNING : Venom under pressure open slowly!

as for the lights. I say, in the bumper, closer together under the grill. will post pic soon.
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK
gotta admire the intake... I love the color choice on the motor. wish i could do that...
have to wait to put my chevette on the road though......
Whatcha gona be runnin in that Chevette a BB 396? :icon_rofl: I like the WARNING : Venom under pressure open slowly! :icon_idea: . That is awesome!
I didn't realize that my color choice for the engine is a Ford color scheme or at least I think it is... Thanks!! :D I hope the rest looks as good as whats already finished! I am thinking on doing a how to video on polishing aluminum and maybe paint as well..

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I temporarily lost my TV remote and it's on an opera! oh yeah So anyone go any opinions on the Jet chips? Any HP or torque gains? Or waste of cash? At least while I can't paint i can do other crap... UGGG my ears are starting to bleed! gotta go find the remote!!!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Your starting to sound like doorgunner on here. If I were you I wouldnt chip it, heard it takes awhile for them to pay themselves off. A mosquito ass goes through the back of its head the same way at 40mph and 100mph, why go faster to make it happen faster, to hear it over the nice puuurrrdddyyy engine?

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
-multi,
when you sprayed the frame, do you sandblast it or just clean and spray? or maybe use POR-15?...lol looks good whichever. thats where i'm at on the '86. still got the suspension on it, but had plans to pull it down and have her sandblasted, then painted.....any input??? thanks
-oh, and on the 4.0 HP gains, are you looking to chip it, or what direction???
-Stu

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
-multi,
when you sprayed the frame, do you sandblast it or just clean and spray? or maybe use POR-15?...lol looks good whichever. thats where i'm at on the '86. still got the suspension on it, but had plans to pull it down and have her sandblasted, then painted.....any input??? thanks
-oh, and on the 4.0 HP gains, are you looking to chip it, or what direction???
-Stu
I just cleaned my frame with a wire wheel on a grinder then used PPG DP epoxy primer and painted it.. I never heard of the POR-15 untill I found this site. Sandblasting it would be the easiest way.. I am trying to do mine on the cheap so... I was thinking a chip but I have no idea what to do with it or just leave it as is.. That motor was fast and strong as anything running stock or I assume it is stock.. I bought a totaled 92 back in 98 and took it out of it and put it in my 89 so I know nothing about the engine. I thought the 89 had a 3:73 gear but turns out it was a 3:42 and still pulled like crazy, The 92 had a 4:10 for whatever reason... IMO that is way too low for the amount of torque the 4.0 puts out. I guess it would be great for a teen that likes to buy tires...

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your starting to sound like doorgunner on here. If I were you I wouldnt chip it, heard it takes awhile for them to pay themselves off. A mosquito ass goes through the back of its head the same way at 40mph and 100mph, why go faster to make it happen faster, to hear it over the nice puuurrrdddyyy engine?
Yeah but Ahhh gotta love horse power!!

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
TB mod and the headers are all you need. More than enough power to get that little truck going.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals