• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford>TOYota

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
Well. Here in western Oregon it is a pretty well know fact. And all i was trying to get accross by my citations was that Toyota did indeed have a ton of recalls. Vehicles shouldn't have flaws like an accelerator peddle that sticks to the ground, neither should they burn to the ground when you use the cruise control. I understand that but hey, ford had a recall on those as well ;-) I love my b4000 its a great truck. I wouldn't have a taco, or a toyota ever. End of story. Sorry :icon_cheers:
The good news is nobody is trying to sell you a Toyota or pushing you to purchase one! But your argument stands invalid because your claim states "Toyota has serious recalls" when the same can be said about Ford (or any other company, except honda probably lol). I love my Ranger, too. The Toyotas generally have more aftermarket support for off-road, make more power than my truck, pull in mpgs yet I still bought a Ranger. Why? I'm an opportunistic, I bought my Ranger because it was cheaper and most of the "specialty" tools I already have because I've owned fords before.

Hell, look at the new 2011 Explorer. The transmission is turning into a disaster! There have been a lot of reports of these transmissions failing after 1000 miles! This is why I will never buy a vehicle that was "first" in its model year... reguardless of manufacturer. (This is what has stopped me from trading in my truck for an Ecoboost).

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
you don't want a Toyota don't buy one. Dont insult other people for buying one. I never claimed Toyota did not have recalls ..... pointed out that Toyota recalls them voluntarily before some government agency forces them to or before a bunch of people die. nobody has died as a result of a Toyota recall....

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
you don't want a Toyota don't buy one. Dont insult other people for buying one. I never claimed Toyota did not have recalls ..... pointed out that Toyota recalls them voluntarily before some government agency forces them to or before a bunch of people die. nobody has died as a result of a Toyota recall....

^^^what he said!!!!

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well, technically no one has died as a result of a ford recall... or even a firestone recall for that matter

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
well, technically no one has died as a result of a ford recall... or even a firestone recall for that matter
I am not really sure about that. I need to dig deeping into that. I do know that some people lost their homes or had real bad damage from fires due to Ford electrical issues and some famlies lost their pets. If I remember correctly somebody died from an Exploder roll over and loosing a wheel...but that was years ago mentioned in one of the Consumer Reports.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am not really sure about that. I need to dig deeping into that. I do know that some people lost their homes or had real bad damage from fires due to Ford electrical issues and some famlies lost their pets. If I remember correctly somebody died from an Exploder roll over and loosing a wheel...but that was years ago mentioned in one of the Consumer Reports.
that's still not the RECALL that caused the deaths...

and whoever it was that said toyota's gas pedal problem never caused deaths...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/15/toyota-recall-government_n_462601.html

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well, technically no one has died as a result of a ford recall...
I remember the Pinto was a target of lawsuits due to fiery rearend collision deaths. The N.H.T.S.A. pressured FoMoCo into issuing a recall which exposed the 'corporate bean counter' policy ( business attitude was to payout $$ instead of fixing the problem/design).
In the late 70's, Ford relented & the recall had some sort of plastic shield installed to prevent the bolts from rupturing the gas tank to make the Pinto less dangerous-

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
People did die in these Pinto gas tank issues.back in the 70's and that is a Ford issue. Ford has had a lot of recalls for electrical issues. I wish no company had to have a recall or wait until somebody is hurt or killed.

Ford switch fires:

http://www.switchfires.com/news.htm

Here are some of the lawsuits Ford has had to face:

Ford Fire Lawsuits since late 1990’s

http://www.ennislaw.com/ford_news_archive.html

Ruford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I own a 2011 fj and I just got an 88 ford ranger from my uncle that passed away. I'm looking forward to tinkering with the ford

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Those eco boost f150 are badass. Congrats!
Thanx! I'm waiting on someone to make a programmer for it- not going to get carried away but would love to twist it up a bit.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
still wasn't the recall that killed anyone

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
You're funny weezl

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals