• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfer case ???

redneckbronco

Reaction score
I bought a xploder with a 4.0 and auto trans with the electric xcase, will my manuel xcase from my 5spd Bll bolt up to the auto? Oh yea bought the xploder running for 440$ needs a windshield, steering column and a serious cleanup of the interior but runs like a champ. Planning to take lift and wheels and tires off the Bll and transfer to xploder.:beer:

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I like your thinking! Lol. As far as I know, it'll bolt right up, just gotta run all the linkage and whatnot. I don't know if the lights on the dash will light up when you lock it in though. I'm not real sure how to work that up. But, hell, if ya gotta stick down there, you should know if you're in 4wd right?! The only other thing would be if the output shafts are the same on each tranny, and input on the cases. That I don't know. Good luck to ya either way. I've been running the e-cases for some years now without any problems so if worse comes to worse, you could just keep the case that's in it.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It will fit on there but two things I would check are the front drive line length and hookups.The other is where your transfer case linkage bolts to the side of the spacer I'd make sure there's holes to mount it there.

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'd say the front shaft will be fine, as long as it mates to the case. There is a lot of room in the slip yoke. My X with 6"s of lift uses a stock front shaft with no problems. If the yoke at the case doesn't match up to the shaft, you could probably split the case and transplant the shaft from one case to the other.

redneckbronco

Reaction score
The only reason i was gonna switch it was cuz i thought it was a weaker case, but if its not im not gonna bother. But how bout hubs wat do i need to look for to switch to manuel hubs? Hey foote, its a sport to like the one in your avatar only silver. Is there any thing I should know about on these? Tricks or problems?:beer:

footee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I think they're really about the same, just one has the elec motor, one doesn't. The only real weak link I know of is in that elec motor. The one in my second X didn't work. I just replaced it with another motor last night, took like 5 mins to do.

Just search the classifieds on here for man hubs. AllanD gets the and sells them with the hardware needed to change it over for 90 bucks. Here is the link to him, click and send him a personal message and he'll hook you up.
http://therangerstation.com/forums/member.php?u=178

As for the X itself, I haven't been able to take it out and wheel it yet but the only real worry I have with it is being top heavy with the 6" lift and 35s. The lift and tires were on a RC/LB Ranger but I put it on its side wheeling so I picked this one up for 100 bucks with a bad motor.

redneckbronco

Reaction score
Well it looks good, Ive been wheelin my Bll with a 5.5 lift on 35s and it feels top heavy but Ive never had a problem. The only reason im goin to the X is for the xtra room for my kids. How bout the trans? are the autos as bad as they say?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Depends on who put it together.

Whatcha doin with the B2 after you get all the stuff on the X?

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
get a cooler for the auto and that will help

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i'd keep the manual t-case on hand, the electric one will most likely quit working after wheelin it for a while, but if it is shifting fine, i'd rock it til it breaks. i've got an electric one in my BII and now, after 180K, it wont go into 4L.....4H works just fine tho.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Whatcha doin with the B2 after you get all the stuff on the X?
A man after my own heart, The B2 aint even dissassembled yet.

But seriously, what ya going to do w it and where u located at?

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
A man after my own heart, The B2 aint even dissassembled yet.

But seriously, what ya going to do w it and where u located at?
+1

I want one so bad but all the ones I find aren't worth it. They are either asking almost 3K firm for an 87 with all the options I don't want, or I find one for less than a grand and it's been wrecked/has no title/body is rusted to crap.

redneckbronco

Reaction score
As soon as the lift is off its going up for sale. Its a base model that ive redone the door panels on and recovered the dash and some other small things. was gonna just finish it off with the X running gear but thought that for the money and the xtra space id just build the X instead. Id post pics of both but not sure how.

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
where is it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals