Wiring Issues


Featured Build Threads

Range98

10+ Year Member

Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
120
Points
1,601
City
Pennsylvania
Vehicle Year
1987
Transmission
Automatic
I was hoping to start the engine tonight but the battery harness is confusing me. I have the 1997 battery harness and I'm trying to splice it so it will plug into my 1998 ranger. I have the plug but my problem is that the wires aren't the same colors so I have no idea how to splice them correctly. Anyone know how??
 
Which part of the battery harness are you talking about?

SVT
 
It is a small plug that connects right under the master brake cylinder right on top of the fender next to the fuse box. The original ranger plug has 5 wires while the mountaineer plug that goes to the same spot only has 4. The wires are also different colors so I do not have any idea which ones to splice to each other.There is one big yellow wire from the ranger plug that I am pretty sure is the single wire for the starter solenoid other then that I do not know what is what.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top