Things I don't miss on vehicles


Featured Build Threads

the 1234 is similar to propane....

as reported.....works well compared to 134. those that know butane or propane know....




i was serious about hand cranking...my engine can run with no electricity when i configure it that way....its an automatic so push starting isnt a thing...


if i cummins swap mine...it is easy to have a bothy bell housing to use a normal 12/24 volt starter on one side and a mechanical starter on the other...probably would run a sae3 and a 545....


with the current humvee engine/4l80 combination i have in the ranger, i will have to mod a 4x4 torque converter housing or build a custom piece to use the smallest mechanical starter....but it has been done several times on oilfield equipment i work with....though those are usually on ford manual 4 speeds or eaton fullers.



there are a few companies and alot of setups







the problem......that starter cost more than the value of my truck...
You need a starter that takes 12 gauge blanks :icon_rofl:
 
I have seen it on a tractor as well as aircraft. Wathe the original flight of the Phoenix with Steve McQueen for an applied instance of that

AJ
 
I have seen it on a tractor as well as aircraft. Wathe the original flight of the Phoenix with Steve McQueen for an applied instance of that

AJ

Remake with Dennis Quaid had one on the C-119 as well.

I don't remember the tractor, I thought it was Lantz but it doesn't look like it. Pretty sure it was European though.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top