New 92’ Ranger - A great build and a lot of fun


Featured Build Threads

Nope all Art ever did with it was drive it to Woodward Ave (huge cruise spot in Detroit area) five miles from his house for Friday cruise night. Oh its setup for nice for the street and from the looks of the engine he wanted the attention too. I know with 31' tires and a 2800 stall converter its going to run about 2800-3000rpm at 70-75mph on the freeway so it may be a good candidate for an Overdrive transmission...? I have not done any real testing at extended highway speeds to see what happens with the heat...but that will come. I would love to have this truck sorted out 100% by spring and do a few drag and drive events next summer. We have a 3 day one in the late spring about 500 miles over three days with racing each day, that would be a riot.
 
firewall moved back 5’

New 92’ Ranger - A great build and a lot of fun
 
The seats got moved back 6"...Bobby!
 
Do you have any more photos to share?
 
Morning Jim, I need to take some more pics soon as we have some changes planned for this lil truck this winter. Just been driving it and spending time doing a bunch of small stuff that I want cleaned up now. Wiring, wire looms, heat shields on the brake lines, pulled the decals and the tints coming off next. Just getting a build plan together for this winter and having a little fun with it before early November. Its fall in Michigan, great time to take pictures of your hotrods! Dave
 
Don't know bout anyone else, but I'm jealous. If I were good enough. this is exactly what I could like mine to look like. What a great buy.
 
Here is what I'm thinking....

New rear window (weld splatter) and retint
Blackout the rear taillights, grill, headlight bezels and tint the headlights/blinkers
Pull the exhaust, sandblast and paint along with he firewall and anything else I can get my hands on
Hand paint the block and heads blue
Pull the intake and fix the leak and while that's off clean and detail each piece before they go back on
Pull and polish all the chrome
Add a drag and drive hitch and small shoot just for a little intimidation!
Dual plate NOS with a progressive controller, purge, heater, start with a small 50hp shot in each carb
Drilled and slotted front rotors with good pads or some brake upgrade?
Fix rear axle seals and redo the drums and shoes.
BIG ass stereo
Drain the fuel cell, replace the foam, new fuel filter
Lower the front 3" and the rear 2"
Clean up the underbelly and figure out how I want to finish that..?
At the end of the project a few more coats of Summit black satin

Dave
 
I like the gloss black vinyl on the satin black. I built a XLS Bronco II for someone, painted it satin black, and redid the XLS letters and stripes in gloss black vinyl. It's a cool look. Would be cool to see some shots of this on the street.
 
I was luke warm on the stripes and a consensus of car buddies said yank them after several beers. The tint is hideous, I'm not sure why its still on there. I agree Jim some cool fall pics on the street scene are needed. I also want to get it on the lift and get some pics of the bottom and tighten up a few drippy things up a little.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top