Shiner


Featured Build Threads

spirits

10+ Year Member

Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
4
Points
1,501
Vehicle Year
98
Transmission
Manual
In 1925 henry Ford told the New York Times, "Ethanol is the fuel of the future."
For the last three years I have been using 30% to 92% mixtures of ethanol in my vehicles. I like the results as compared to the hated 10% mixtures found at the pumps. My goal is to optimize my 98 ranger for alcohol and am shooting for fuel economy 50% better than i can get with gas. I have the 2.5 engine and want to increase compression as much as possible to take advantage of the high octane rating of alcohol. I am hoping to find out how high I can go with that engine. 13/1 would be good. I realize I wil not be able to use gas anymore.

Thanks
 
Glad to have you on board. I'll be looking forward to your results. Pics are always welcome too.

Richard
 
I don't think I am doing this posting right.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top