Bolts not fully tightened on frame cross-member supporting transmission


Featured Build Threads

BobH

5+ Year Member

Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
7
Points
501
City
Cedar Park, TX
Vehicle Year
1997
Engine
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
On my '89, there is a frame cross-member that supports the transmission. On both sides of the truck, the bolts that connect this cross-member to the main rails are not fully tightened.

Is this normal? If not, if I try to tighten a nut to take up the slack around the bold head, what is the torque spec?

[IMGl]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ranger-forums.com-vbulletin/600x337/bolt1_dbfa2222fb8260898866e000b8f5ead7adbea528.jpg[/IMG]

Bolts not fully tightened on frame cross-member supporting transmission
 
Last edited:
Very not normal. Fix that ASAP.

The torque spec is fukin tight don't break it.
 
If those sit outside the rails and have a rubber bushing the bolt goes thru, I would support the cross member and pull the bolt right out, then clean the hole and NeverSeize it to prevent rust inside and on bolt. I had one of those and I couldn't get the bolt out either side. It was a parts truck so the sawzall came out.
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Latest posts

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top