97 5r55e to m5od-r1 swap (need some questions answered)


Featured Build Threads

danielshaw86

10+ Year Member

Joined
Dec 8, 2011
Messages
1
Points
1,501
Vehicle Year
1997
Transmission
Automatic
I currently have a 97 4.0 Mazda b4000 4x4.(California smog laws apply) The 5r55e has gone out for the third time. I've purchased a 98 m5od-r1 w/ 4x4 tail housing. I'm midway through pulling my 5r55e trans and becoming concerned. I have some situation specific questions.

1) the 97 5r55e has a oss near the tail housing, I don't see anywhere on the 98 m5od-r1 to install a oss. Is there a difference between a 97 m5od-r1 and the 98 m5od-r1 I purchased, where this oss is concerned?

2) On a 97 m5od-r1 is the oss and vss that's on the transfer case are both required or is that oss pig tail not needed on the manual transmission?

3) Does any one know what the correct PCM id number for a 97 4.0 Mazda b4000 4x4 with a manual transmission and automatic transfer case is?

4)if the oss is required. Is there a way to make the 98 m5od-r1 accecpt the oss currently on my truck?

Thanks for the help,
Daniel
 

Upcoming TRS Events

Sponsored Ad

Featured Ranger Based Vehicle

TRS Latest Video

Official TRS Merchandise

Follow TRS On Instagram

Back
Top